OpenGL Games on my X1000

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: OpenGL Games on my X1000

Post by ChrisH »

kicko wrote:Please use Wazp3D.library ... and choose in the wazp-prefs composition for rendering. Then most opengl stuff will fly :) Without composition its deadslow.
Are you serious? What kind of FPS is "fly"? And what games have you tested this with?
Severin
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Severin »

There is possibly another little glitch in the "install a second gfx card" in the pci slot idea... It doesn't work, I plugged a R9250 in (before I had the sound card / network cards fitted) and it wasn't found by OS4. This was in early December though and things minght have changed now... The best thing to do is try it if you have a spare card but don't buy one to try unless you're rich...
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Post by trevordick »

Severin wrote:There is possibly another little glitch in the "install a second gfx card" in the pci slot idea... It doesn't work, I plugged a R9250 in (before I had the sound card / network cards fitted) and it wasn't found by OS4. This was in early December though and things minght have changed now... The best thing to do is try it if you have a spare card but don't buy one to try unless you're rich...
I can confirm a second graphics cards does work. :-)

TrevorD
I'm just Breezin'
Severin
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Severin »

trevordick wrote:I can confirm a second graphics cards does work. :-)

TrevorD
Excellent, I'll be fitting a second card when we get a working sound/ethernet driver for OS4 then :)
Severin
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Severin »

kicko wrote:Please use Wazp3D.library (rename to warp3d.library) and choose in the wazp-prefs composition for rendering. Then most opengl stuff will fly :) Without composition its deadslow. But you have to change prefs everyboot as its not saving it. But this will be fixed in next version :)

Where? I've got Beta 50 and can't see any option for composition for rendering in the prefs only softppc to bitmap or softppc to image.
Nevermiond, found Bate 52...
SteveH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by SteveH »

Severin wrote:
kicko wrote:Please use Wazp3D.library (rename to warp3d.library) and choose in the wazp-prefs composition for rendering. Then most opengl stuff will fly :) Without composition its deadslow. But you have to change prefs everyboot as its not saving it. But this will be fixed in next version :)

Where? I've got Beta 50 and can't see any option for composition for rendering in the prefs only softppc to bitmap or softppc to image.
Nevermiond, found Bate 52...
Hmmm, I'm using what appears to be v53.1 of Wazp3D (I say "appears" as the previous version I had installed also has version string v53.1) - it is 631,811 bytes in size. Anyway, when I chose "Compositing2D" in Wazp3D-Prefs, games which otherwise work, such as GLQuake or Quake II, don't work at all. (GLQuake won't load and crashes my X1000; Quake II slows to a complete crawl) - so I find the best setting is to leave it at softppc to bitmap, with "Quake,glMatrix Patch" enabled.
Steve
kicko

Post by kicko »

ChrisH wrote:
kicko wrote:Please use Wazp3D.library ... and choose in the wazp-prefs composition for rendering. Then most opengl stuff will fly :) Without composition its deadslow.
Are you serious? What kind of FPS is "fly"? And what games have you tested this with?
Sorry for not giving enough details. I havent tried games like Quake2/3. I tried only some OpenGL games from os4depot. They were deadslow before using the composition in wazp3d and with composition they run fine. Even Blender runs ok but can crash for me sometimes while running.