OpenGL Games on my X1000

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
amigasociety

OpenGL Games on my X1000

Post by amigasociety »

Saw a post on Amigaworld the other day of some fun looking games for Amiga OS. One was called MunchDude Hero 2. I downloaded it but it did not run. I am guessing my Amiga OS 4.1u5 on my X1000 is lacking this OpenGL it talks about and looking for guidance.

This is what the thread stated about this game: "Games are OpenGL based, so if you do not have 3d drivers you're out of luck. You still can try to use waZp3d, but it is pretty possible it will not work, or will work incorrectly, or slow. Happy testing"

Therefore, what do I need to do to play this game?

Thanks

TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
Slayer
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: OpenGL Games on my X1000

Post by Slayer »

Hans will have 3D Drivers marked on his list of things to do and if he happens across this thread he may give you an indication to how long you're looking at before this is finalised, of course this aspect is still just one piece of the puzzle.

I wouldn't count on this complete implementation for quite some time, so what you need is time before playing this game as its meant to be played.

But all is not lost because I know you are a tinkerer by nature and will have already tried downloading the patch and seeing how you go, So, how did you get on? ;)
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
Hans
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Hans »

Slayer wrote:Hans will have 3D Drivers marked on his list of things to do and if he happens across this thread he may give you an indication to how long you're looking at before this is finalised, of course this aspect is still just one piece of the puzzle.
I cannot give any time estimates, sorry. Apart from there being too much uncertainty, Hans-Jörg (a.k.a. Rogue) is the one working on MESA + Gallium3d. The only thing that I can say is that it is being worked on, and it will be a good step up from MiniGL/Warp3D.

@amigasociety

If you really want to play 3D games right now and Wazp3D isn't good enough for you, then get yourself a PCI Radeon 9000/9250, and set it up as a secondary graphics card. Most modern monitors have multiple inputs, so you can plug that card into one of the other ports and switch over when you want 3D.

In the meantime, have a look at some 2D games that will already work (if you haven't done so already). Amiboing's games are nice.

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.
amigasociety

Post by amigasociety »

Hans wrote:
Slayer wrote:Hans will have 3D Drivers marked on his list of things to do and if he happens across this thread he may give you an indication to how long you're looking at before this is finalised, of course this aspect is still just one piece of the puzzle.
I cannot give any time estimates, sorry. Apart from there being too much uncertainty, Hans-Jörg (a.k.a. Rogue) is the one working on MESA + Gallium3d. The only thing that I can say is that it is being worked on, and it will be a good step up from MiniGL/Warp3D.

@amigasociety

If you really want to play 3D games right now and Wazp3D isn't good enough for you, then get yourself a PCI Radeon 9000/9250, and set it up as a secondary graphics card. Most modern monitors have multiple inputs, so you can plug that card into one of the other ports and switch over when you want 3D.

In the meantime, have a look at some 2D games that will already work (if you haven't done so already). Amiboing's games are nice.

Hans
I don't even have the Wazp3D so I think that kind of answers my question. I will google it and see about downloading it to see what happens.

TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
Hans
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Hans »

amigasociety wrote:I don't even have the Wazp3D so I think that kind of answers my question. I will google it and see about downloading it to see what happens.
You'll find Wazp3D on the aminet (link).

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.
tommysammy

Post by tommysammy »

amigasociety wrote:
Hans wrote:

@amigasociety

Hans
I don't even have the Wazp3D so I think that kind of answers my question. I will google it and see about downloading it to see what happens.

TJ
It is very slow like a slideshow.I have tried it.
AmigaOne X1000 Betatester A1-X1090
AmigaOne X1000/4GB Ram/Saphire Radeon 7850 1GB/256GB SSD HD/2GB CF Card/RTL8169Network
AmigaDave

Post by AmigaDave »

Hans wrote:our mo

@amigasociety

Hans
Perhaps you should consider Hans suggestion regarding installing a second video card with a second video cable to a different input on your monitor, if you haven't already got all of the monitor inputs filled from other devices.

If you already have a supported video card in your SAM440, you could temporarily take it out and install it into the X1000, if it is supported with 3D drivers in OS4.1.5.

That is really the only way you are going to get good performance from any 3D games, even though your X1000 is faster than any other OS4 compatible computer.

Good luck
Proud owner of 10+ Commodore Amiga 680x0 computers
First Contact AmigaOne X1000 Dual Core 1.8GHz PA6T w/OS4.1FE
Dual 2.7GHz G5 PowerMac w/MorphOS3.7
1.5GHz G4 PMac MDD w/MorphOS3.7
1.5GHz G4 MacMini w/MorphOS3.7
17" 1.67GHz G4 PBooks w/MorphOS3.7
Efika 5200b w/MorphOS3.7
FPGA Arcade Replay w/AmigaOS3.x
Christopher Follett
AmigaKit
AmigaKit

Post by Christopher Follett »

I would'nt recommond installing a second gfx card, as there are no spare slots.
You would have to loose either sound or network.

Besides, would rather the systems are not messed with. As this could cause damage or other problems.
The system is sent as a complete system.
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
http://www.ultimateamiga.co.uk (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

http://www.amigakit.com - the Amiga store

New Products
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Post by trevordick »

Christopher Follett wrote:I would'nt recommond installing a second gfx card, as there are no spare slots.
You would have to loose either sound or network.
Ah Chris. Watch this space! ;-)

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
kicko

Post by kicko »

Please use Wazp3D.library (rename to warp3d.library) and choose in the wazp-prefs composition for rendering. Then most opengl stuff will fly :) Without composition its deadslow. But you have to change prefs everyboot as its not saving it. But this will be fixed in next version :)