How to play DVD Movies on X1000

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: How to play DVD Movies on X1000

Post by Hypex »

Does anyone know if the registered version of DvPlayer works complete out of the box? I have considered registering it but if it still requires you to manually track down all files I would be most annoyed after paying for it! :-)
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Post by trevordick »

No for all the reason listed in betatest thread.

However you can also check this Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DeCSS

Also, for similar reasons, most but not all, mainstream Linux distros (eg Debian & Ubuntu etc) do not play commercial DVD's out of the box and extra codecs must be downloaded and installed. Refer to the AmigaONE X1000 GNU/Linux Installation guide if you want more information.

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

There seems an emphasis on this DeCSS. However I wasn't referring to this. I was referring to simply being able to play and listen to a generic DVD using the legal avcodec support libs. That should be included!

For example say I create a DVD usng my DVD recorder to copy some titles on. On a normal DVDRW disc. That should work at least.

But, alas, DVD playing is a no go on my X1000. I installed all the files I had on the AmigaOne. All it dd was convert a yellow alert into a system freeze. I'm over it now. :-(