I am still confused about how to make a working "Restore CD/DVD" that will work on an X1000 if I have a catastrophic failure of my existing hard drive and must replace it with a brand new SATA drive.
Maybe what I am asking for can't be done, and the only way to do a re-install of OS4.1.5 is with the Install CD/DVD for OS4.1.5 that I will be receiving when it is available?
Sorry if this is confusing to anyone. I know I am confused, but I have excuses.
See if this works for you.
Making an emergency boot CD:
1. Copy or verify "amigaboot.of" is in the root directory of the sys: to be burned.
2. Start AmiDVD & insert a blank CD in drive.
3. Under the "Create Image" tab, set the "Source" path to the sys:, & the "Volumename" you want for your emergency disk.
4. In the "Imagefile" box, set the path & file name for the iso (boot.iso).
5. Check the "Bootable AmigaOS4" box ON.
6. You should see the files to burn, so select the "Create Image" box to create the iso.
7. After the iso is created, select the "Burn Image" tab.
8. Select the "Burn CDRW" box & the iso should burn to the CD.
Just a note: If you have added any assigns, etc, to S:User-Startup & are installing a new drive, you may get path errors on boot up. You should be able to just cancel them until the system boots.
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU