Welcome First Contact customers

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Re: Welcome First Contact customers

Post by trevordick »

Welcome to Peter and Mechanic. :-)

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
PatW
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by PatW »

Hi All

I just want to introduce myself and say hello :) my name is Pat Wall and I'm based in Kilkenny, Ireland.

I received my First Contact system about two weeks ago and I'm delighted with it. It's sure is a beauty and a big thank you to everyone who made it a reality! Thank you to AmigaKit who have been a pleasure to deal with :D

Just got Debian up and running as well over the weekend so yep I'm a happy camper all round :mrgreen:

Pat
YDL PowerStation / AmigaOne X1000 / IBM Intellistation POWER 285 / SAM 440EP / PS3 Debian
EFIKA Open Client / Mac Mini G4 / Amiga A1200 / Powerbook G4 15" / PowerMac G5 / Xserve G5
Slayer
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Slayer »

Good for you and it sounds like you're comfortable with computers, excellent! and welcome :D
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x
amigakit
AmigaKit
AmigaKit

Post by amigakit »

Welcome Pat

Thank you for your order.
Customer Help & Support: http://www.amigakit.com/help

www.amigakit.com Amiga Computer Store
gerograph

Post by gerograph »

Got my X1000 on Wednesday, I am not having much time recently, I just connected it to our SmartBoard and booted :-)
X1000_smart1.jpg
(24.99 KiB) Downloaded 2438 times
X1000_smart2.jpg
connected to a SmartBoard
(26.72 KiB) Downloaded 2438 times
However, looked good, the Smartboard was also detected by USB Stack. However, it seemed that the mouse (driven by touching the smartboard itself) doesn't work correctly / right mousebutton is pressed continously (that's what OS4 thinks...). I did not investigate this further, might not even do it, as an X1000 connected to a SmartBoard is pretty useless at the moment anyway.
Creols

Post by Creols »

gerograph wrote:Got my X1000 on Wednesday, I am not having much time recently, I just connected it to our SmartBoard and booted :-)

However, looked good, the Smartboard was also detected by USB Stack. However, it seemed that the mouse (driven by touching the smartboard itself) doesn't work correctly / right mousebutton is pressed continously (that's what OS4 thinks...). I did not investigate this further, might not even do it, as an X1000 connected to a SmartBoard is pretty useless at the moment anyway.
Welcome gerograph... you and your Smartboard !
I hope you'l find a driver for your splendid Board.

Creols
AmigaOne XE, µA1, Sam 440ep, Sam Flex 800 MHz, Sam 460 ex, X1000 and more...
gerograph

Post by gerograph »

@creols
well, I guess I wont find a driver, there is no need for one anyway (for me)... as it is not my Smartboard and they are all equipped with WinXP Notebooks. However, would be nice to have the Smartboard Notebook Software on X1000 (under Debian), sadly the Notebook Software is not available for PPC Linux.http://www.smarttech.com/gb/Solutions/E ... g+software
Might mail them in order to make them compile a PPC Version.

@Trevor
Here are some more "product shots", in case you find them nice and useful for promo etc., feel free to contact me in order to get them in high resolution.
http://www.os4welt.de/viewtopic.php?f=4 ... 190#p11786
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Post by trevordick »

gerograph wrote:Trevor
Here are some more "product shots", in case you find them nice and useful for promo etc., feel free to contact me in order to get them in high resolution[/url]
Many thanks.

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
ktadd

Post by ktadd »

After watching everyone get there X1000's for months and waiting impatiently for mine to arrive I'm happy to say I have now officially joined the X1000 first contact club.
What goes around comes around....I starte with Amiga in 1985 with an A1000, upgraded in 1991 to a A3000, then to a uA1 in 2004 and now I'm back to a 1000 in 2012. X1000 that is.

The machine arrived in good condition and seem to be working well. Thanks to all who made this hardware and OS possilble.
Kevin - X1000 first contact / uA1
Slayer
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Slayer »

Greetings ktadd

It's good to see the numbers grow!
~Yes I am a Kiwi, No, I did not appear as an extra in 'Lord of the Rings'~
1x AmigaOne X5000 2.0GHz 2gM RadeonR9280X AOS4.x
3x AmigaOne X1000 1.8GHz 2gM RadeonHD7970 AOS4.x