Boot block errors and other USB problems in CFE

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Boot block errors and other USB problems in CFE

Post by Hypex »

Hi guys.

So last night I was having some trouble trying to simply execute a batch file off a USB stick from CFE.

First I plugged it in to my USB port, CFE responds, then I try and get a dir listing. Comes back with nothing. It certainly has files. It's a big stick at 64GB. Is 64GB too large for CFE to cope with?

Next I try another stick. 16GB. Mounts fine. Try and run a batch file. Invalid boot block error. What? I'm trying to execute a batch file. Not run a boot block! Then I notice some other commands I had stored in NVRAM had -fatfs. That was always annoying needing to specify filesystem all the time.

So next try. Enter a full batch command. Comes back with an invalid command in file. What! Then prints gibberish to screen. That's not the file. Use the load command with d to load in memory and check. Not aware of any show file commands. Looks like gibberish in hex dump but also it loaded 0 bytes.

So is CFE just a lost cause? I just can't get this to work any more. I've plugged sticks into the front USB port. Into my Apple keyboard hub. I've ejected and powered down the USB stick after writing to make sure it isn't corrupted as CFE is very sensitive about the dirty bit. What I don't understand is that I had this working years ago and now it just won't budge. This is totally stupid. :?: :?: :?: