X1000 will not boot/CFE mess?

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
Shamron

Re: X1000 will not boot/CFE mess?

Post by Shamron »

Hi again. So i booted from the cd, partition ed and formatted the ssd, but when i try to boot from it, i get an error, follower by insufficient memory. (the board sont let me upload the pic)
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

I get that insufficient memory from time to time.

You do normally land in CFE, right?
Just type "menu" and enter, it should throw you back to the boot menu, let the boot start again and it should be fine.

I have never found out why that happens, but it might be because of a loose contact of the hdd data cable
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Shamron

Post by Shamron »

I replace my sata cable and connected the ssd to sata0 and dvd to sata2. And reseated the power connectors to the drives. Error message disappeared and now it boots fine.

Now, i can't remember the user/passord on amiupdate. Should it be the same as on this forum? Weird thing here, is that i can login to the forums, but i cant log in on hyperion entertainment frontpage (login field on the left side). There i get wrong user/pass... Tried passord reset several times and it works fine here, but yeah... Not on the frontpage.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Shamron wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:27 pmNow, i can't remember the user/passord on amiupdate. Should it be the same as on this forum?
No, it should be the same one you are registered with on the main Hyperion Entertainment page - which is probably why you also can't login there ;-).

Best regards,

Niels
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

AmiUpdate is not Hyperion.

http://amiupdate.codebench.co.uk/index.php?page=home
I actually forgot if you need a password for AmiUpdate (the app), you need one for the page, but only if you want to use your own software with it.
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

You don't, but you need one for downloading the (currently few) OS updates using AmiUpdate.

And that user/password is identical to the one you use to log in to the main Hyperion site, where you have also registered OS4.

Best regards,

Niels
Shamron

Post by Shamron »

@NBache

I initially logged in to post a thank you for the help from you and the others in this thread (you probably know who you are), but yeah.. a question remains. Maybe i should open a new thread, but i figured i'd just post the question here.

In your post above, you said amiupdate uses the same pass as the main Hyperion Site. That's a problem for me, since i can log in here, on the forums, but i get a wrong username/password on the Hyperion frontpage. The error says to contact board help (something,something,something), which is not available. :-D

Doe to a disagreement about wether or not i owned an os4fe licence or not in the past, which ended up in me parking my X1000 for 2 years, i forgot about it an all Amiga in my life. Gave away all my classic miggys and kept on to the X1000 just because it costed so much. I recently purchased a new os4fe for it, so i guess i am eligible for being a member on hyp and amiupdate xD
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Shamron wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:08 pm @NBache

In your post above, you said amiupdate uses the same pass as the main Hyperion Site. That's a problem for me, since i can log in here, on the forums, but i get a wrong username/password on the Hyperion frontpage.
The login here in the forums is different from the other one.

You have to make an account on the Hyperion main site and then register your OS4FE (using the key found on it) once your're logged in. After registering it, you can use your login details from there in AmiUpdate as well.

Best regards,

Niels
Shamron

Post by Shamron »

I tried. First off, my desired username is ofc already taken, so i tried another, but ofc my email is already in use as well. So i tried the "forgot my password" thingie again for the 100th time, and guess what, THAT WORKED NOW. :-D

Thank you for your patience m8, thank you, thank you :-D

Edit: This time i COPIED the token instead of "follow the link below to reset your password". Maybe that option is broken? or i might have had a beer too much the first 100 times i tried ;-D