X1000 gone haywire

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
romwack

X1000 gone haywire

Post by romwack »

Hi all!

I came back to my X1000 yesterday having not used it for a few months, and it (at best) launches into the BootVGA screenmode or launches into BootVGA and crashes. At worst it won't start.

It also doesn't display the CFE. It goes straight into the Amiga OS 4.1 splash screen, then tries to load Workbench, but says "LoadMonDrvs: failed to create screenmode for 'Radeon HD R7700 series'. The card is an R7250X, which worked fine beforehand.

Is there an early startup mode where I can take some stuff out of WB startup to try and stabilise it? Or has anyone any other suggestions as to what might have happened?

I changed the BIOS battery as this caused havoc before, but there is no change.

Thanks!
romwack

Re: X1000 gone haywire

Post by romwack »

I've managed to boot into the machine by pressing CTRL on the window complaining about not being able to set up the monitor screenmodes. Disabled everything from WB Startup and I can boot Workbench now, but I'm still stuck in BootVGA, which is a bit claustrophobic!
romwack

Post by romwack »

Now resolved. I bought a cable to go from the DVI socket instead of the HDMI, which is odd as I've used the HDMI for years.
LyleHaze
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by LyleHaze »

Just this weekend my X1000 started in bootmode graphics only.
Multiple reboots and power cycles did not help, nor did changing the boot partition.

My HDMI output is goes through a CAT6 conversion so I can plug the monitor in at the other side of the room, I began to suspect a problem there.

But just wiggling the HDMI cable where it connects to the Radeon card (with the power off!) did the trick.

Apparently The ModeID stuff can be lost on a loose cable, resulting in only bootmode graphics.