Will QT run on X1000 with HDgraphics card? (Yes!)

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
ktadd

Will QT run on X1000 with HDgraphics card? (Yes!)

Post by ktadd »

I tried to get QT to run on my X1000 but was unsuccessful. It's been a while now so I don't exacly remember why but it's unclear to me if QT will run on an X1000 with just an HDGraphics card and at the time I thought that might be the problem. So...will it run or do I need to get a 9000 series graphics card to run AT? Any hints on getting it working would be great.
Last edited by ktadd on Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kevin - X1000 first contact / uA1
Creols

Re: Will QT run on X1000 with HDgraphics card?

Post by Creols »

ktadd wrote:I tried to get QT to run on my X1000 but was unsuccessful. It's been a while now so I don't exacly remember why but it's unclear to me if QT will run on an X1000 with just an HDGraphics card and at the time I thought that might be the problem. So...will it run or do I need to get a 9000 series graphics card to run AT? Any hints on getting it working would be great.
Qt run on X1000 with a HDGraphic card. You need to install Qt system before any Qt application.

Creols
AmigaOne XE, µA1, Sam 440ep, Sam Flex 800 MHz, Sam 460 ex, X1000 and more...
zzd10h

Re: Will QT run on X1000 with HDgraphics card?

Post by zzd10h »

Yes it works but don't forget to change Prefs:Qt before to run otherwise it will try to open an OpenGL context (who will failed on a HD card)

According to the readme, in the Prefs just set :

Native dialogs: OFF
Native menus: OFF
Native fonts: OFF
Native painting: ON (to open on your HD card)
http://apps.amistore.net/zTools
X1000 - AmigaOS 4.1.6 / 4.1 FE
ktadd

Re: Will QT run on X1000 with HDgraphics card? (Yes!)

Post by ktadd »

Thanks for the answers guys. All working now.
Given your inputs this morning I went back and installed QT again. When I tried to run it I would get unable to open minigl.library failures. So I went and checked my minigl install and it turns out none of the demo minigl programs would run either, saying "couldn't open minigl version 2.0 or later". I checked my minigl libraries and they were version 2.5. Anyway, after further investigation I discovered my Warzp3D install wasn't working so I updated it to the latest version on Aminet and everything is working now. Wazp2D, minigl and QT! Nice to have the world of QT applications open to me now. Thanks again!
Kevin - X1000 first contact / uA1