Copy Store Error while using AmiUpdate

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
amigasociety

Copy Store Error while using AmiUpdate

Post by amigasociety »

I did the OS 4.1u6 today after the A.OK came from Hyperion wesbite that all was OK to proceed. So the update itself worked fine.

All went fairly well with running AmiUdate the 1st time on my fresh OS 4.1u6 install on X1000 but I did get an error I figured I would report.

Copy Store
An error occured with the source directory. SDL-1.2.13-SVNr49- object not found.

It then saved 3 files to my RAM disk to manually install.

I was able to manually install the Codesets and SDL files but the Mixer, I have no idea on how to install as it has no installer, many files inside, and not sure what to do next.

Re-running AmiUpdate it now no longer needs to update the Codesets and SDL so I must of did those OK but still wants to update Mixer and I have no idea on proper way to install it.

I saved the file to my Work directory and will install once I get data from Hyperion.

TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
amigasociety

Re: Copy Store Error while using AmiUpdate

Post by amigasociety »

I think I have things manually installed now. Just threw me off with this manual stuff is all.

Anyway, I think I am good now.

TJ
Happy owner of several Amiga systems including:

AmigaOne X5000
Amiga A1222 Tabor
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

Sounds like you are getting to know your way around AmigaOS quite well to be able to do that :-)
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

amigasociety wrote:but still wants to update Mixer and I have no idea on proper way to install it.
You can always click on the Information button in AmiUpdate, it will tell you - among other things - in which path it tried to find the program. That's likely to be the best place to install it, if for no other reason, then to make AmiUpdate recognize it and stop prompting you to install it.

You might even have the Mixer somewhere else already, in which case you may want to move it to where AmiUpdate looks for it.

Best regards,

Niels