A-EON Website registration

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
Christopher Follett
AmigaKit
AmigaKit

Re: A-EON Website registration

Post by Christopher Follett »

LOL.

I was talking about my own private email. My AmigaKit email gets spammed to hell daily.
I recently setup client to deal with it, makes it easier. It took over 8 hours on my 50mbit connection to download all emails. Bet they capped my speed for that abuse, ;).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
http://www.ultimateamiga.co.uk (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

http://www.amigakit.com - the Amiga store

New Products
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

Christopher Follett wrote:I have found that my ISP auto filters emails and does'nt show them in my email client.
I have login to the web interface to see them, after 10 years, you can imagine all lost emails I have missed.
I suggesting using GMail instead of an ISP. While it suffers from the same problem that you mention, it's spam filtering is SOOOO much better than anything else I've ever tried, so the actual spam-false-positive problem should be much reduced.

Spam-filtering is the main reason why I use GMail! Although I have an extra reason now that I use an Android phone...

BTW, you can tell GMail filters to never send some emails to the Spam folder. I suspect this means you can tell it to never send any emails to the Spam folder, and then you could probably tell your email client to examine the email headers for Google's spam rating (although I never tried doind this myself).
musa

Post by musa »

ChrisH wrote: I suggesting using GMail instead of an ISP. While it suffers from the same problem that you mention, it's spam filtering is SOOOO much better than anything else I've ever tried, so the actual spam-false-positive problem should be much reduced.

Spam-filtering is the main reason why I use GMail! Although I have an extra reason now that I use an Android phone...

BTW, you can tell GMail filters to never send some emails to the Spam folder. I suspect this means you can tell it to never send any emails to the Spam folder, and then you could probably tell your email client to examine the email headers for Google's spam rating (although I never tried doind this myself).
Hi
I agree that gmail work well :) I'm using gmail myself, but it was in my gmail spam folder I found the missing mail from A-EON. It is not easy to get 100% security. I usually look in the spam folder when I missing a answers to a mail but this time I forgot it. :)
AmigaX1000
Follow me on twitter @basjoo_dk
gerograph

Post by gerograph »

@AmigaKit
I checked everything, via mail webinterface including spam folder etc. my registration mail did not arrive !
My real name is: Gero Birkenfeld, could you check please ?
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

musa wrote:I'm using gmail myself, but it was in my gmail spam folder I found the missing mail from A-EON.
I searched my Spam folder, and found my registration! While I regularly check my Spam folder, somehow my regular cursory glance missed it before.

Yes, GMail is not perfect (just way better than anything else I tried). I think one reason it works so well is that when it gets it wrong it has millions of users to tell it is wrong.
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

I give up.

I don't even know if the info is being sent to the registration site by my browsers.

Help!
A-Eon A1X1000 ATI HD6850, Creative SB1570 PCIe, RTL8139 net PCI.
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

@mbrantley
For whatever reason it can be difficult to log in at the A-Eon site even with the correct username and password. I tried multiple browsers and operating systems even, typing the info in, pasting it in, etc. until I finally got in
I am NOT able to log-in to the support section of a-eon.com using MUI-OWB, NetSurf, nor Timberwolf RC1. :-(
daz
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by daz »

ChrisH wrote:@mbrantley
For whatever reason it can be difficult to log in at the A-Eon site even with the correct username and password. I tried multiple browsers and operating systems even, typing the info in, pasting it in, etc. until I finally got in
I am NOT able to log-in to the support section of a-eon.com using MUI-OWB, NetSurf, nor Timberwolf RC1. :-(
There are two ways... If you use the top menu with links to indvidual files you'll get a login page, which I can't seem to get to work.

However if you use the Support -> User Login at the bottom you'll get a requester which DOES work, and will take you to a download page.

Hope this helps.
Darren
Simon

Post by Simon »

Another week has passed and I still haven't heard anything from A-Eon regarding my registration request.

I don't know if the requests I made have been received, even though the web site said they had been on both occasions. I'm wondering if there has been a problem somewhere.

Can anybody here help :?:
AmigaOne XE-G4 @933Mhz / 1 GB Ram / Radeon 9000 128 MB / AmigaOS 4.1
AmigaOne X1000 First Contact / 2 GB Ram / Radeon 4650 1 GB / M-Audio Revo 5.1 / AmigaOS 4.1
ChrisH
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ChrisH »

daz wrote:However if you use the Support -> User Login at the bottom you'll get a requester which DOES work, and will take you to a download page.
I was definitely trying that method, and it was failing... but today I tried it (MUI-OWB remembered the username & password I was trying before), and this time it DID work!

So it seems that either (1) the server has intermittent problems verifying correct usernames/passwords, or (2) someone has now fixed the server. We will have to see!