X1000 error logging

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
Sam

X1000 error logging

Post by Sam »

When my X1000 crashes and locks up is there anything that I can be running in the background to see what caused the error? Sometimes the whole system will lock - without a guru - and it would be interesting if I could see what the problem was. Foe example - just now I have been running the latest Timberwolf and Tunenet - switched on from cold boot and the whole system locked after 5 minutes. Could be the Timberwolf beta (back on OWB now) - but would be good to have an error log to see what caused the problem.
LyleHaze
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: X1000 error logging

Post by LyleHaze »

Yes!
I have a Micro-AmigaOne running in the background, connected to the X1000 by serial cable.

With "Term" running on the Micro, and 'setenv os4_commandline "DEBUGLEVEL=5 SERIAL" ' somewhere in the CFE command structure,
The Micro will spew lots of interesting data on every crash. :)

If you're in a really bad spot, you could probably use a windows machine to catch the debug stream, but somehow that seems ugly.

Have Fun!
Sam

Post by Sam »

Thanks for the advice. Having another Amiga attached would be nice but unfortunately I don't have one. Now that the serial port work s on the X1000 though I could point this to a PC.
trevordick
A-Eon Technology
A-Eon Technology

Post by trevordick »

Sam wrote:Thanks for the advice. Having another Amiga attached would be nice but unfortunately I don't have one. Now that the serial port work s on the X1000 though I could point this to a PC.
Axctually the serial port already worked for capturing serial dumps. The new serial driver was for use of the serial port under AmigaOS 4.

Trevor
I'm just Breezin'
Hans
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Hans »

LyleHaze wrote:Yes!
I have a Micro-AmigaOne running in the background, connected to the X1000 by serial cable.

With "Term" running on the Micro, and 'setenv os4_commandline "DEBUGLEVEL=5 SERIAL" ' somewhere in the CFE command structure,
The Micro will spew lots of interesting data on every crash. :)
If you're only interested in the crash log, then you can drop the "DEBUGLEVEL=5" and go with just "SERIAL".

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.
Calgor
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Calgor »

I use a USB2Serial adapter with the serial end attached to the X1000 debug serial port, and the USB end attached to my PC running windows.
Program I use is PuTTY which works sufficiently well.

Settings in PuTTY:
1. Connection type: Serial
2. Serial line: COMx (Where x is the number of the COM port, can be identified from Control Panel->System, e.g. COM4)
3. Baud rate 115200 (default value from X1000)
4. Set option: Terminal->Implicit CR on every LF
5. Set option: Window->Lines on Scrollback (to a larger value, e.g. 200000)
6. Save the session under a new name!
Amiga 4000T: CSPPC 604e@233/060@50 146MB RAM/CVPPC/Mediator/Radeon 256MB/Realtek 8029AS/TerraTec Solo1-N/Picasso IV (Paloma Pablo Concierto)/Deneb/ZorRAM 256MB/Indivision AGA MKII/OS4.xBETA/OS4.1u4/OS3.9BB2
AmigaONE X1000: Nemo 2.1 PA6T-1682M@1.8 2GB RAM/Radeon HD 4770 512MB/Catweasel MK4+/Audigy 2 ZS/Realtek 8139D/OS4.xBETA/OS4.1u5
Christopher Follett
AmigaKit
AmigaKit

Post by Christopher Follett »

Would'nt it be easier for the user to boot from CD and then test that way.
If no crashes happen, that will rule out HW and you can then start looking at SW issue (i.e. Debug).
Resolute and Industrious
Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
http://www.ultimateamiga.co.uk (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

http://www.amigakit.com - the Amiga store

New Products