On-Board Nemo sound

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
328gts

On-Board Nemo sound

Post by 328gts »

my sound just stopped? checked cable, checked speakers all good.

Using NemoSound and haven't changed a setting etc. I know I can used any sound card but I like not taking up a slot on Nemo ...wondering if there's a way I can test onboard sound? :?:
A1-X1000 setup: Corsair GS800 800w PSU, Western Digital 250 GB SATA HDD (model:WD2500YS), 4GB Ram, Radeon HD7950-3GB GDDR5- Dual Slot, Lite-On RW DVD/CD, On-Board Nemo sound,8139B NIC, Catweasel MK4+
Raziel

Re: On-Board Nemo sound

Post by Raziel »

What are your AHI/Sound settings?

I know it sounds strange, but for me some of the settings get corrupted sometimes (by doing nothing than save settings from another app/setting).
Seems to be a bug in the XML implementation or whatever.

I only have two modes available:
hdaudio: HiFi 32 bit 7.1 channel++ and
hdaudio: HiFi 32 bit Stereo++
(either work, though i can't get a sound of it with "Play a test sound", but Play system startup sound" work)

DEVS:
ahi.device 6.6 (27.09.2005)
DEVS:AHI/
hdaudio.audio 6.23 (18.02.2019)
DEVS:AudioModes/
HDAUDIO 446 bytes (28.10.2021)
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
328gts

Post by 328gts »

I've got the same settings..tried others too but nothing...I'm thinking I was messing around sharing speakers with my 1200Tower while power to my amp was on and maybe fired something ?? who knows
A1-X1000 setup: Corsair GS800 800w PSU, Western Digital 250 GB SATA HDD (model:WD2500YS), 4GB Ram, Radeon HD7950-3GB GDDR5- Dual Slot, Lite-On RW DVD/CD, On-Board Nemo sound,8139B NIC, Catweasel MK4+
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

Oh, though luck.
Too bad there is no easy way to send it to someone for a check up...
People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
LyleHaze
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by LyleHaze »

Just a wild guess.
For a long time the HDAudio driver was X1000 specific, and would NOT work with other Azalea devices.
There is a new HDAudio driver, and I don't know if it works with "native" X1000 audio, and I don't know if it
has a different name/ID number, and I dont know a lot of details that might matter.

I'm not blaming .. I don't have enough information to do anything but guess, but the native X1000 driver has
been working for a long while now, and suddenly there are issues.. so I'm wondering what changed.
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

What if you test booting from the OS4 CD? Assuming it makes a sound on start up that is. Even if not the boot drivers should work with AHI test.

I found I have this issue where the sound can go dead. AFAICT it's an electrical issue with my speakers that are USB powered from an X1000 port. In my case I can hear static and the audio can stop soon after. Turning the volume down and then up again on my speakers can solve it.

But if you usually have no static issues you could cross that off your list.
328gts

Post by 328gts »

well guys don't know what was the issue but I just got a cheap PCIe sound card and it's been working fine so who know maybe what Lyle said is true but anyhow until this lawsuit crap finally settles with the 'new' Amiga Inc. I gues A-Eon will continue changing and renaming stuff and changing stuff and keeping same name with conflicts etc....who the heck can keep track :( :x
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

I helped testing the new HDAudio driver for the X1000 (i don't think it is in any way linked to any third party).

Using it here right now and all is working just fine, just saying...
People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg