Re: amigaboot.of doesn't work anymore since Upd.2 (solved)

AmigaOne X1000 platform specific issues.
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

@Hypex

Hmm, it works with "@" for me :-)
Anyway, seems you hit the current Compositing/Interrupts bug with gfx card early.

Glad you found a workaround.
Here's hoping someone adds a proper fix soon.

I found that just because a certain gfx chipset it used doesn't mean the specs have to be the same every time.
While looking for an RX card I found so many different types of gfx boards, with the same chipset but with as many different specs, that I lost count.

In the end I got one that unfortunately doesn't have fan control (full power on the fan the whole time - much too loud for my liking - rebuilt to use a lower noise solution since).
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

@Raziel

I checked now and see no notice. Checked settings and nothing showed up. Nothing obvious related.

Anyway, yes, my workaround is the old pre hotfix fix, using Update 1 kernel with Update 2 components. Not perfect solution. But at least it works.

I've been trying to solve this with Hans. But nothing so far stands out, A HD5450 works fine on Update 1 and 2. My R7 250 works fine on Update 1 but broke with Update 2 so I had to revert the Kickstart.

Some change caused it. The obvious module to check would be graphics since compositing and interrupts break it. But there would be hundreds of changes to check. I could disable compositing. But then it is slow and I still would not trust it.

Yes, many variations to one chipset. Mine is an OLAND, I thought I could pick them. Unfortunately, this is what happens, when one person is the sole developers for all chipsets supported. And when those drivers have to work with other kernel code which can change behaviour at any time.
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

@Hypex

Hum, this time it also didn't notify me.

But if you reply to a thread and scroll down past the reply "window" there is an "option" tab where you can tick off "notify me when a reply is posted"...this always works for me.

We can sure be glad to have @Hans...otherwise we'd still be stuck with outdated and unavailable gfx boards.
People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Hypex
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by Hypex »

@Raziel

Yes at least we have Hans working on drivers constantly.

Okay I found the option so that should work.

BTW from what I read RadeonV5 runs with high power so would spin the fans but there is the power prefs to control it somewhat.
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

PowerPrefs should take care of the fan speed, yes.
But my card only has a two pin fan connector, so no fan speed control from PowerPrefs.
People are dying.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg