Register Quake 2

This is the place to ask if you have any issues with our forum system. These include questions about your account, PM's, login trouble, etc.
Voodoo4000t

Register Quake 2

Post by Voodoo4000t »

Hello Hyperion,

I´d like to register my Quake 2, because I need to download the Update for AmigaOS 4.

When I try to register on website under my account I get the answer to contact the
support by eMail, but I get no answer from there.

My first try was on February 16th. The second try on Feburary 22th.
Today I tried again.

Can you please register my Quake 2 or send me the Update for Amiga OS 4.

Thank you
MagicSN
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Register Quake 2

Post by MagicSN »

Is the issue still relevant?

I am the guy currently doing another update for Quake2.

If it is contact me at tirionareonwe@gmail.com

MagicSN
Zool2

Post by Zool2 »

How can I get the AmigaOS 4 update?
I can guess you need to buy/register Quake 2 at the Hyperion webpage and then it will be listed in the download section, but it's not for sale...
So the actual question is: where can I buy it to get a valid serial number to register it?
I want to know the same for Heretic II and SiN.
MagicSN
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by MagicSN »

Hi!

If you provide me with evience you bought Q2 from Hyperion I can send you the old OS4.1 Version (it does not support Mods but asides from that it fully runs the game).

My own update (same like the OS4.1 version but supports mods, AmigaInput for Gamepads and optionally Ogg-Vorbis background sounds) is still in development.

If you did not buy it, I am sure we can work something out against a fitting donation to my Paypal account (tirionareonwe@gmail.com), contact me privately for details. Hint: I might need another Betatester for the new version.

Heretic 2 OS 4 version will be a fullprice game and should be released before Christmas this year.

Compared to the old 3.x version:

- Now fully OS 4 native (some speed increase)
- new installer, no problem installing the game on OS4
- AmigaInput support for Gamepads
- Game Movies rendered up to highres
- GL4ES renderer added
- Multitexturing aded
- CD Audio works again (from the old OS3.x version - it used a way to access CD Audio which doesn't work with modern CD Drives)
- Localizations in English, German, French, Italian and Spanish (both subtitles and voice samples - ah, and intro videos as well)

As to Sin - I assume you talk on the AmigaOS version. News on this will be coming soon. It is still in Betatesting. Actually I just released the 3rd Betaversion today. And actually the first two Betaversions were more like Alpha-Versions ;-)

Best regards,
Steffen
tirionareonwe@gmail.com
Zool2

Post by Zool2 »

Thanks for your answer, I'm really looking forward to your updates or your work on AOS4 Games in general!

But I still want to know a few things:

When I look for Games on the Hyperion website, there are six games listed. Three of them can be purchased, and I already purchased them. However, H2, Q2 and SiN can not be purchased. Why is that?
So if they are not for sale anymore, I consider getting the updates via donation and do some beta testing (I still need the OS3 version of the game then). But I prefer to purchase them on the Hyperion website or from an official retailer to get a valid serial number...