OS3.1.4.1 direct scsi transfer

This is the place to ask if you have any issues with our forum system. These include questions about your account, PM's, login trouble, etc.
Dege

OS3.1.4.1 direct scsi transfer

Post by Dege »

Hi,
I am installing OS 3.1.4 on a 4000 using the standard IDE interface on the motherboard. Also I am using a sata SSD with an IDE adapter. If I select direct scsi transfer in HDtools as per the instructions, the system won't boot with a hang in the startup-sequence and an error code of something like 8000008 or something. If I DO NOT select direct scsi access the system boots up and all is well. Kinda. When I installed OS3.1.4.1 it has you go in the the HDtools and update the fastfilesystem. I can see the revision number is 46.13 and the updated one states 46.20. I update it and save but when I check version DH0: after the reboot it''s still 46.13. The only thing different is I am not selecting direct scsi transfer.

Any thoughts?
thomasrapp

Re: OS3.1.4.1 direct scsi transfer

Post by thomasrapp »

Direct SCSI is not needed on the internal IDE bus. If you have a 3.1.4 ROM it is not needed at all, if you run without a ROM it only extends the limit for your boot partition from 4 GB to 7.8 GB. If your boot partition is inside the first 4 GB of the drive and the entire drive is larger than 7.8 GB then it does not make any sense to enable direct SCSI.

To properly update the file system you have to make sure that the identifier of the file system matches the one of the partition(s). Only file systems required by partitions are updated, other file systems are ignored. If the identifier does not match, delete the entry and add the file system again with the right identifier.
Dege

Post by Dege »

Thank you! I will try that right now.
Dege

Post by Dege »

It was a mismatch with identifiers. Deleted the old filesystem and changed the ID for the new one and all is well. Thanks again.