Hyperion/support presence on this forum

This is the place to ask if you have any issues with our forum system. These include questions about your account, PM's, login trouble, etc.
spud

Hyperion/support presence on this forum

Post by spud »

Just a question to get the right expectations. How official is the support forum? Is it just a community forum where you post, cross your fingers and hope to get an answer. Or is it really the formal support forum and can posts be compared to support tickets?
Just asking as I have posted about 2 issues I have in the classic forum and it has been quiet for more than a week and I would really love to get everything working.
Thanks!
kas1e
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Hyperion/support presence on this forum

Post by kas1e »

@spud
Just a question to get the right expectations. How official is the support forum? Is it just a community forum where you post, cross your fingers and hope to get an answer. Or is it really the formal support forum and can posts be compared to support tickets?
Mostly first one.

In general that forum created by Hyperion as support one, but as devs busy with everything then we have what we have. Not all os4 devs read that forum at all (or have time for), and those who read, not everytime want or have time to answer. Sometime there is nothing to say, only "yes, there is bug, sorry". So.. When you report bug it can be that devs will read and fix it right away, or just some betatester will retest that bug and repost it to private os4 bugzilla, from where developers (if they will have time and wish) can fix it. Some bugs not fixed for good 10 years , so don't hold your hope too high :) But still many of us report bugs anyway, in hope that some of them will be deal with fast.

Another story is that even if bug will be fixed, it will be deliver no one know when (i.e. in the next update of OS, which dates never set in stone and can take forever, or just "two more weeks") :)
spud

Post by spud »

That's what I started to think as well.

Thanks a lot to you though for this very quick reply!
ssolie
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by ssolie »

spud wrote:Just a question to get the right expectations. How official is the support forum?...
This support forum is as official as it gets.

That said, there is no ticket system or any rapid way to resolve issues. Everything is on a 'best effort' basis. Beta testers are supposed to scan these forums and submit bug reports on behalf of users. Issues that are not bugs are resolved by the community of users on this forum.
ExecSG Team Lead
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Let me add a couple of observations seen from the beta tester angle to the above.

We - the beta testers - each often have some areas we are familiar with, and others we are not so familiar with, not to mention that we have varying hardware and other system characteristics. So some issues might not get a response until a beta tester with some knowledge of that specific area happens to read it, or at least it might only get a more tentative response.

Also, the more details and the better an explanation is given for an issue, the greater the chance is that a beta tester (or another member) quickly understands it and can either help solve it or formulate a bug report (which has some minimum requirements to its documentation, e.g. often a crash log, if relevant).

Finally, be aware that many of us are in a vacation period at the moment.

Best regards,

Niels