listbrowser bug/docs (OS3.2.1 and OS4.1)

This forum is for general developer support questions.
chris

listbrowser bug/docs (OS3.2.1 and OS4.1)

Post by chris »

There is a bug in listbrowser current public versions under both OS4.1 and OS3.2.1. In hierarchical mode, LBFLG_SHOWCHILDREN works as expected. With this tag not specified, the behaviour should be to not show the child nodes. However, listbrowser still shows them. Moreover, it shows the arrow on the parent node as collapsed! So you get a situation where a newly opened listbrowser has visible child nodes with the arrow indicating there are none visible.

On OS3.2.1, there is a column flag CIF_RIGHT. This doesn't appear to work (neither the column title nor contents are right-justified).

In OS3.2.1 the AutoDoc for listbrowser is incorrect in places;
* In AllocLBColumnInfoA(), under bugs it states "this function is not implemented". Well, I tried it and it is implemented!
* In Contents, the title of SetLBColumnInfoAttrs() is wrong - it says SetColumnInfoAttrs()
* In SetLBColumnInfoAttrs(), all the tags below LBCIA_Flags are not present in the listbrowser.h include (I'm assuming the include is correct, and the documentation is wrong?)
* LBM_SORT is mentioned but the full documentation does not appear in the AutoDoc (it is in the OS4.1 one, but doesn't appear in the OS3.9 doc either)
thomasrapp

Re: listbrowser bug/docs (OS3.2.1 and OS4.1)

Post by thomasrapp »

IIRC it has always been this way. The SHOWCHILDREN flag only sets the orientation of the arrow. In order to hide the children you have to set the HIDDEN flag on each child.
chris

Post by chris »

thomasrapp wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:10 am IIRC it has always been this way. The SHOWCHILDREN flag only sets the orientation of the arrow. In order to hide the children you have to set the HIDDEN flag on each child.
Ah, that rings a bell now. Should be a bit clearer in the AutoDoc.
boemann

Post by boemann »

chris wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:21 pm On OS3.2.1, there is a column flag CIF_RIGHT. This doesn't appear to work (neither the column title nor contents are right-justified).

In OS3.2.1 the AutoDoc for listbrowser is incorrect in places;
* In AllocLBColumnInfoA(), under bugs it states "this function is not implemented". Well, I tried it and it is implemented!
* In Contents, the title of SetLBColumnInfoAttrs() is wrong - it says SetColumnInfoAttrs()
* In SetLBColumnInfoAttrs(), all the tags below LBCIA_Flags are not present in the listbrowser.h include (I'm assuming the include is correct, and the documentation is wrong?)
* LBM_SORT is mentioned but the full documentation does not appear in the AutoDoc (it is in the OS4.1 one, but doesn't appear in the OS3.9 doc either)
CIF_RIGHT does work and if you start showconfig you can see it in action.

I hope the autodocs are fixed in the R4 NDK released today.