OHCI-related crashes on X1000

This forum is for general developer support questions.
ncafferkey

OHCI-related crashes on X1000

Post by ncafferkey »

Hi,

While testing my atheros5000.device wireless driver on my X1000, the system is locking up with OHCI-related error messages output on the serial port. The conditions for this are long-running FTP downloads. Running the 'factor' program at the same time to raise CPU usage to 100% seems to speed up the occurance of the crash. This is the error:

[OHCI] Missed interrupt (status=0x00000006)!

The only USB devices on my system are my mouse and keyboard.

I tried to reproduce the problem with rtl8139.device but could not do so. I'm not sure if that driver uses interrupts though (much as that would surprise me), as Ranger reports the same number of interrupt handlers in the system both with and without the driver in use. Can an OS developer confirm whether the driver uses a normal interrupt handler?

Has anyone else seen such errors? Possibly my driver could be indirectly causing them, but I want to explore all possibilities.
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: OHCI-related crashes on X1000

Post by tonyw »

I don't have access to the sources, but I checked the ReleaseNotes and they certainly discuss the implementation and changes over time to the Interrupt handling.
cheers
tony
ncafferkey

Re: OHCI-related crashes on X1000

Post by ncafferkey »

Thanks. Are the release notes public? It still looks to me like the driver doesn't have an interrupt handler, which would suggest either unorthodox programming or that it has to work around some interrupt-related problem. The fact that eth3com.device doesn't work on the X1000 could be more than a coincidence too (I mentioned this in another thread recently in the X1000 section).