Strange Codebench problem regarding certain characters(?)

This forum is for general developer support questions.
duga

Strange Codebench problem regarding certain characters(?)

Post by duga »

Hi, asking here due to not being able to login to the Codebench forum.

My machine (Sam440ep-Flex with Amiga OS 4.1.8) is very stable, but in Codebench I can reproduce something that sooner or lates takes down the machine. I can code for a long time, as long as I don't use comments! That means that when I use "/" or "*" (not sure which of them) I cannot longer save any files in Codebench and popup menus (after pressing RMB) stops working. Sooner or later other programs too stops working and I have to reboot the machine. Copying and pasting the mentioned characters seems to work.

Of course it could also be a problem with USB which would mean that something bad is happening when I use certain keyboard combinations. But that would mean that this message will take down my machine.

Using swedish_ISO-8859-15.

Update: It seems that copying/pasting instead of typing isn't helping, at least not in the long run. And if I warm start the machine the problem comes back more or less immediately.

Edit: tried to attach an sgrab of what happens when I quit the CCClient while Codebench is still running (it says: Wait until child ends(shell). Wrong process: Community heartbeat process PID = 146). But it complains about the format being iff so I skipped it.
Last edited by duga on Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zzd10h

Re: Strange Codebench problem regarding certain characters(?

Post by zzd10h »

Maybe that you could post this question in Codebench forum too.

http://forum.codebench.co.uk
http://apps.amistore.net/zTools
X1000 - AmigaOS 4.1.6 / 4.1 FE
duga

Post by duga »

zzd10h wrote:Maybe that you could post this question in Codebench forum too.

http://forum.codebench.co.uk
Did you read my first sentence? :)
zzd10h

Post by zzd10h »

Ooops, right !

Good luck :D
http://apps.amistore.net/zTools
X1000 - AmigaOS 4.1.6 / 4.1 FE
blmara

Post by blmara »

duga wrote:...
My machine (Sam440ep-Flex with Amiga OS 4.1.8) is very stable, but in Codebench I can reproduce something that sooner or lates takes down the machine. I can code for a long time, as long as I don't use comments! That means that when I use "/" or "*" (not sure which of them) I cannot longer save any files in Codebench and popup menus (after pressing RMB) stops working. Sooner or later other programs too stops working and I have to reboot the machine. Copying and pasting the mentioned characters seems to work.
Actually I noticed the same problem quite a long time ago, reported it and Rigo found the problem and told he has fixed it. Still waiting for the next release of CodeBench. I install the comments nowadays by copy-pasting an old comment and editing it, no crashes this way. Of course quite clumsy but better than no comments. Hopefully the fixed CodeBench will be released soon.

Marko
Marko
duga

Post by duga »

Interesting.

What I did last time the problem occured was that I just saved "source.c" as "source2.c" and since then the problem is so far gone.

Could be a number of reasons for that:
1. Codebench not liking some character in the file. When doing "save as" to a new file the bad character is removed.
2. Filesystem problem.
3. Solid State Drive problem. Using a OCZ ARC 100, 240 GB, fw 1.01.