xpkmaster.library and XPK_UseXfdMaster

This forum is for general developer support questions.
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

xpkmaster.library and XPK_UseXfdMaster

Post by salass00 »

Is the xfdmaster.library support broken in the OS4 xpkmaster.library because when I set XPK_UseXfdMaster to TRUE in xpkExamineTags() and xpkUnpackTags() calls in XFH-Handler it causes crashes (DSI then ISI) in xpkmaster.library? Using Ranger I can see that xfdmaster.library has been loaded so at least it is doing something with it.

I'm using the m68k xfdmaster.library from Aminet (manually installed) with Chris Young's xfdmaster.l.main glue file also from Aminet. xfdmaster.library is disabled in Compatibility prefs as is recommended and it seems to work fine when I use xfdDecrunch to decrunch files from the CLI.
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: xpkmaster.library and XPK_UseXfdMaster

Post by salass00 »

BTW is the source code for the xpkmaster.library included with the OS available somewhere so that I can check for myself what is going wrong and maybe fix it?
chris

Post by chris »

I've encountered this problem recently with the XPK datatype, which must do the same thing.

The original 68k source is here: http://www.dstoecker.eu/xpkmaster.html#Distribution (not sure how helpful that is as it obviously works in the old version)
I'd also like to see some source code for the OS4 version, especially for sublibraries. I was going to write one ages ago but was hampered by lack of OS4 example.
salass00
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by salass00 »

@chris

Good find, I don't know how I missed that earlier. Would still be good to get the source code of the AmigaOS 4.x version to avoid duplicating work.

Also the license kind of sucks:
Also the sources of xpkmaster.library are offered, but this doesn't give
you the right to create your own version of xpkmaster.library (it is not
public domain software). Everytime you have to contact either Dirk Stöcker,
Christian von Roques or Urban Dominik Müller.
We may give you the OK to
do further development!