Request Removal of linker WARNING message when linking with NEWLIB

This forum is for general developer support questions.
rjd324

Request Removal of linker WARNING message when linking with NEWLIB

Post by rjd324 »

Currently the following message are generated to STDERR:

Code: Select all

/home/rjd/projects/adtools_gcc11_GTHR_POSIX/ppc-amigaos/SDK/newlib/lib/libc.a(stub_wcsftime.o): warning: newlib.library 53.68 required for wcsftime()
/home/rjd/projects/adtools_gcc11_GTHR_POSIX/ppc-amigaos/SDK/newlib/lib/libc.a(stub_getwc.o): warning: newlib.library 53.65 required for getwc()
/home/rjd/projects/adtools_gcc11_GTHR_POSIX/ppc-amigaos/SDK/newlib/lib/libc.a(stub_ungetwc.o): warning: newlib.library 53.65 required for ungetwc()
/home/rjd/projects/adtools_gcc11_GTHR_POSIX/ppc-amigaos/SDK/newlib/lib/libc.a(stub_putwc.o): warning: newlib.library 53.65 required for putwc()
Is there still a need for these? I can imagine that during the link phase it is not possible to get the version number of newlib.library. I cannot remember these messages coming out before in older versions of newlib. I think that by now everyone is on a version greater than those requested.

Still, I can see why they may be useful - but I am not sure the usefulness outweighs the annoyance of seeing them. I mean, why only warning for these functions? There are stubs all over the place that perform nothing but a return statement.

Thank you.