How to utilise full 256MB of Gfx RAM within AOS4.1?

This forum is for Pegasos II specific issues.
Reth
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

How to utilise full 256MB of Gfx RAM within AOS4.1?

Post by Reth »

Hi there,

I am using an AGP ASUS Radeon 9250GE with 256MB Gfx RAM. Unfortunately AOS4.1 only recognises 128MB of this RAM.
Is there any chance/possibility to get the full Gfx RAM utilised?

Since I am running my WB at FullHD + 32Bit there is not much Gfx RAM left if you open another screen in similar dimensions and depth (e.g. for Codebench or any other program).

Any help highly appreciated!

Thanks and

Kind Regards
Last edited by Reth on Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smf
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: How to utilise full 256MB of Gfx RAM within AOS4.1?

Post by smf »

I guess you mean 128MB of ram? :P

But no, you will probably never be able to utilize all the memory on your card.
Afaik they gave up on that many years ago and i doubt anyone will continue to work on that again.
I think it was possible to buy cards with 256MB in one memory bank and that should work but on cards with two memory banks only the first bank will be used (128MB).

The boring solution is to not use composition or to just have it on your workbench screen and have it disabled on other screens.
Reth
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: How to utilise full 256MB of Gfx RAM within AOS4.1?

Post by Reth »

smf wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:02 pm I guess you mean 128MB of ram? :P
Yes, thank you. Just corrected it.
smf wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:02 pm But no, you will probably never be able to utilize all the memory on your card.
Afaik they gave up on that many years ago and i doubt anyone will continue to work on that again.
I think it was possible to buy cards with 256MB in one memory bank and that should work but on cards with two memory banks only the first bank will be used (128MB).

The boring solution is to not use composition or to just have it on your workbench screen and have it disabled on other screens.
That is a real pitty.