Problems with a cold reboot

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
xenic

Re: Problems with a cold reboot

Post by xenic »

mechanic wrote:
DavidMiga wrote: When I was in Update2 I could use my mouse usb wireless. Under Update3 I have no horizontal movement.
That is strange.

Are you using only mouse wireless?

Or, mouse & keyboard wireless?

I use a wireless mouse + keyboard by 'Digital Innovations' and have
no problems with USB on Sam440ep.
I thought it was really strange until it happened to me. As reported by others in several topics on these forums, I couldn't get my USB hubs to work properly with a mouse; mostly problems with getting the mouse recognized after a warm or cold reboot. Three days ago I bought an inexpensive USB hub that was specifically marked "USB2" with USB 1.1 backward compatability. I thought maybe my problem was old USB hubs but that doesn't seem to be the case. When I rebooted with the mouse plugged in through the new USB hub, my mouse pointer had no horizontal movement; only vertical movement. Even stranger, the vertical pointer movement occurs when I move the mouse horizontally. Moving the mouse vertically, clicking buttons or moving the scrollwheel doesn't work at all. I tried 3 wireless mice and 2 wired mice so the problem (in my case) isn't the type of mouse, it's that the Update3 USB doesn't handle USB hubs properly.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
DavidMiga

Re: Problems with a cold reboot

Post by DavidMiga »

Since I installed the update 4, I have so far had only once a problem with the keyboard, and none with the mouse.

I tested the wireless mouse and it still has the same problem with the horizontal axis.

My keyboard is wired and my mouse too.