AmigaOne 500 Ubgrade

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
lozspd4

AmigaOne 500 Ubgrade

Post by lozspd4 »

Hi all thought it was a time to change the wallpaper and upgrade my beloved sam460ex AmigaOne 500.

Firstly the Sam motherboard sits in a a lovely coolmaster Masterbox NR200P now as, this version and only this version comes with pcie riser to fit the GFX Card Vertically, and your double slot GFX Card fitting is now acheived.

Second a nice Asus R9 270x GFX Card.

Third a Corsair 500w Atx Power Supply.

Fourth a Creative AudigyFX

Nr Five the new Logitech K470 wireless keyboard mouse combi using only one usb port as of yet i haven,t had any problems using this with Os4.1. attached.

And finally new install of AmigaOs4.1_U2, with enhancement pack 2.1.

The Tower/Case is definatley worth a look at, for thoughs Buying the Sam460LE, as it feels as if it was made for the sam and you can fit bigger GFX Cards in it i bought the optional Atx Power supply holder but it comes with a sfx Holder so you need to buy the right power suppy,it also comes with a toughened glass panel, and a plain metal panel to support your needs. Plus its not all that exspensive. but it must be the NR200p Version in white or Black.

Hope this helps in your choice of upgrades especially those who are looking to build a system around a Sam 460LE.

Regards Laurence
sailorMH

Re: AmigaOne 500 Ubgrade

Post by sailorMH »

Very nice case! And very nice build.

But I am afraid, that this case is suitable only for flex-ATX form factor (3 PCIe slots), Sam460ex and Sam460cr.
New Sam460le has Micro-ATX (4 PCIe slots, there is one slot space between PCIe and PCI ) and cannot fit to. So Sam460le has to find other nice case.
Micro A1-C (G3/1.2 GHz), AmigaOne XE (G4/1.4 GHz), Pegasos II (G4/1.33 GHz), Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Powerbook, Mac Mini (1.83 GHz), iMac, Powermac Quad

AmigaOS, MorphOS, linux, MacOS X
lozspd4

Re: AmigaOne 500 Ubgrade

Post by lozspd4 »

Hello SailorMh
You are indeed Correct i missed that, always thought the new Sam was same form factor as the Sam 460ex/ 460cr thats a shame, as i love this Tower no more tieing the GFX card with riser up with cable ties Lol. Thanks for the correction.

Regards Laurence