Unable to access network connection in SAM460ex with OS4.1 U

This forum is for all AmigaOne 500, Sam440 and Sam460 specific issues.
Rigo
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Unable to access network connection in SAM460ex with OS4

Post by Rigo »

That might be some, or all, of your problem then. No two machines on any LAN can use the same address, or you'll get an "IP Address clash" type error.

Simon
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

Not offended .
Just not sure of the Morphos Cli commands.
Try
ping 192.168.1.1 in a cli on the Morphos machine
WeiXing3D wrote:
Spectre660 wrote:You need to very the address of your router.
What OS is the other machine on you network that has nework access running ?
I'm running MorphOS 3.3, I hope I'm not offending anyone in this forum for saying that.

The address that I'm using with my OS4.1 is the same I'm using with the other machine.
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Also make sure you are using the same network for all three machines: Your gateway (router), your MOS system and your OS4 system. By "same network" I mean that if your gateway e.g. has 192.168.1.254, and your subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 (which it should normally be for a home LAN), then your IP addresses for your two computers should also have a "1" as the third number, e.g. 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.3 (or whatever fourth numbers you wish up to 253, they don't have to be consecutive). But you can't use e.g. 192.168.0.2, as that would be seen as outside your network (subnet).

Also make sure that you haven't mistyped any of the addresses (you did write "198.162" instead of "192.168" in some earlier post).

And as Rigo wrote, you must use different IP addresses for all machines in the LAN. No two machines can have the same. That would be like you having the same phone number as some other random person - how would the exchange know which phone to connect to when someone else called one of you?

Regarding your router/gateway: It's a bit unusual that it has 254 as the last byte of the IP address; normally the gateway is given 1. But if it really does have 254, then your DNS server entry in the Name Resolution page should also have that. If you know the IP addres(ses) of your ISP's DNS server(s), you can also add those in the same page.

Best regards,

Niels
WeiXing3D

Post by WeiXing3D »

@All
THIS IS JUST PLAIN WEIRD.

I spent almost 1 hour over the phone with another user here in the San Francisco Bay Area. We tried almost everything. This user even shared with me his DEVS;Netnterfaces and DEVS:Internet files with me as we share a similar setup.

I also reset my router as a last resort.

Nothing we tried worked. The only thing that seems to work is, and this is the WEIRD part, is replacing 192.168.1.1 by 192.168.0.1 in DEVS:Internet/routes file.

I still get that [error]: Could not add route from "DEVS:Internet/routes"/ line 4 (Network is unreachable) every time I boot up or restart the computer. I also have to edit/modify (actually just refresh) my connection in Sys:Prefs/Internet to be able to connect again after a fresh boot up or restart, but at least Internet works.

I will be out Friday, Nov. 15 - 20, and returning Wednesday, Nov. 20 in the afternoon , Pacific Standard Time. Hopefully someone will notice this new post and take sometime to figure out this weird case.

@Neil
My Network status summary:
Local Host address= 192.168.1.161 (on interface 'SAM460')
Default gateway address = 192.168.1.254
Domain name system servers = 192.168.1.254, 192.168.1.254, 192.168.1.1

Thanks for all the help so far.
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

I read that you have a MorphOS machine on the router, with the *same* address!!!

So please do as I already and Rigo again (on top of this page) suggested (actually Niels did too)

1) Remove the MorphOS machine from your router
2) Plug *only* your Amiga in
3) Reboot
4) See if the problem persists (most certainly *not*, because you cannot use the same IP address twice)
5) If all runs well, find out what *address space* your router is providing (if your routers IP is .1.254 i reckon it might be between .1.0 and .200 - so try to use something from that address space)

But, please, before you try a new address, take the steps above
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg