Overcloking CPU module 750FX

A forum for AmigaOne XE and MicroA1-C specific issues.
Ghillo

Overcloking CPU module 750FX

Post by Ghillo »

Hi everyone, I need to speed up my AmigaOne G3 XE with 750FX processor at 800Mhz.
I tried to contact ACube here in Italy for a G4 module or replace the 750FX with a faster version
but they replied that unfortunately they no longer have the components.
I had an idea, but is it possible to overclock my G3 to 800 Mhz? I never understood how to do it, I know you have to set switches on the CPU module but
I can't figure out how. Is it dangerous to go by trial and error? Does the system become unstable? Do you have any advice, thank you.
sailorMH

Re: Overcloking CPU module 750FX

Post by sailorMH »

Hi,
today I will go to two week vacations. If you will wait, I send you howto do it, and I also finished article about it.
In meantime, look here:
http://www.intuitionbase.com/static.php ... n=handbook - manual for Micro
http://www.intuitionbase.com/a1_xe.pdf - manual for AmigaOne XE
In manuals you will find all information about overclocking.
And please, be sure that you have good CPU cooler. And also it is advantage to have serial debug connected and has some temperature measurement.

Settings of CPU modules are the same for both Micro and XE.
VCore settings differs - XE and Micro have differently signed jumpers on motherboard. But if you are only overclocking, you cannot touch the VCore.

My 800 MHz FX version was overclocked to 933, but was unstable with in long-term run. 866 MHz worked fine.
Micro A1-C (G3/1.2 GHz), AmigaOne XE (G4/1.4 GHz), Pegasos II (G4/1.33 GHz), Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Powerbook, Mac Mini (1.83 GHz), iMac, Powermac Quad

AmigaOS, MorphOS, linux, MacOS X
sailorMH

Re: Overcloking CPU module 750FX

Post by sailorMH »

P.S: and system "Try and error" is dangerous.
Micro A1-C (G3/1.2 GHz), AmigaOne XE (G4/1.4 GHz), Pegasos II (G4/1.33 GHz), Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Powerbook, Mac Mini (1.83 GHz), iMac, Powermac Quad

AmigaOS, MorphOS, linux, MacOS X