Gorky 17 and AmigaOne G3 SE

A forum for AmigaOne XE and MicroA1-C specific issues.
macce2

Re: Gorky 17 and AmigaOne G3 SE

Post by macce2 »

To be more precise, at which point I should keep my mouse buttons (on 3 button mouse, not the middle one, I expect)
pressed ? Immediately after I switch the power on, or later ? :roll:
To be honest, I only thought that was for Classic systems only ?? :shock:
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

macce2 wrote:To be more precise, at which point I should keep my mouse buttons (on 3 button mouse, not the middle one, I expect)
pressed ? Immediately after I switch the power on, or later ? :roll:
To be honest, I only thought that was for Classic systems only ?? :shock:
Correct, you keep pressing the left and right buttons

For me (X1000) it works when i keep them pressed right after the kernel modules have been loaded, (just before the splash screen comes up
But you might want to press and keep them pressed just before the red loading bar on the bottom reaches it's destination.

Just tried and it plays the early startup sound, then brings up the AmigaOS4.1 splash screen and pretty much immediately after that it goes blank and comes up with the Early Startup Menu.
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

As an alternative to the mouse buttons, you can hold down the Help key (Scroll Lock on PC keyboards) during boot. The timing challenge is the same, but it might be easier to press, hold and release a key at the right times instead of two mouse buttons.

For more info about keys you can hold for various purposes during startup (and much more), see your WBHelp guide - just click the big lightbulb in your AmiDock.

Best regards,

Niels