If the problem described below is already discussed elsewhere, please feel free to just point me to the right place. Thanks.
* A1 XE G4
* 512 MB RAM
* Radeon 9000 with 64 MB RAM
* SoundBlaster Live!
* IDE HD on a1ide.device (normally turned off at the beginning of the startup-sequence)
* SATA SDD on Sil5312ide.device
* all partitions formatted with SFS/00
When a file that is not recognized by DefIcons (hence a generic project) is opened with WBrun 53.7, the def_project tool is not run and the system becomes jerky/unstable (to the point that, eventually, and especially if more attempts are made, it freezes completely when trying to double-click icons on the Workbench).
1. put the test script quoted below somewhere, making sure that it has the S flag set;
2. indicate the script as the default tool in your def_project icon;
3. open a shell;
4. run this command: WBRun <project file>, where <project file> is the path to a non-executable file that DefIcons doesn't recognize.
Code: Select all
.key FILE/A Echo <FILE>
* with WBRun 53.2;
* if the file is manually double-clicked from Workbench.