blizzardPPC scsi implementation and swap problem solution with Update2 and hotfix ?

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
Discovery69

blizzardPPC scsi implementation and swap problem solution with Update2 and hotfix ?

Post by Discovery69 »

Good morning.

In addition to the problem on 4.1f and Classic with the Swap not working anymore after update2, I also had the expectation that with this update the SCSI controller was also implemented on blizzardPPC, as on cyberstormPPC; is expected for the future, as well as the swap problem?

Thanks.

Luigi
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: blizzardPPC scsi implementation and swap problem solution with Update2 and hotfix ?

Post by nbache »

As far as I know, there are no plans to support the Blizzard SCSI. If there ever was, it would probably have been done, or at least started, years ago.

The two SCSI solutions are apparently very different, so it's not necessarily possible to use one implementation to also support the other.

Don't know about the swap problem. Was it documented and reported?

Best regards,

Niels
Discovery69

Re: blizzardPPC scsi implementation and swap problem solution with Update2 and hotfix ?

Post by Discovery69 »

nbache wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:51 pm As far as I know, there are no plans to support the Blizzard SCSI. If there ever was, it would probably have been done, or at least started, years ago.

The two SCSI solutions are apparently very different, so it's not necessarily possible to use one implementation to also support the other.

Don't know about the swap problem. Was it documented and reported?

Best regards,

Niels
Hi.
I had read in the past that the two cards had different controllers, or perhaps the same chip but used differently.
I only regret not being able to use my old SCSI devices with OS4.1f and only with OS3.9 in the old partition.

As for the swap I reported the problem in this Forum, entitled "Amiga OS4.1f and update2 hotfix on BlizzardPPC", I have been made to do some tests but then I have not had more feedback.
The problem is highlighted in particular by filling the Fast Memory, the swap no longer works.
Same thing trying to run the RTCW game which I used as a test. I have 256MB of fast. A friend of mine with 128Mb has the same problem, even though he says that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
With update 1 the swap works even if both my friend and I have always used update 1 but with the kernal file of the original CD, otherwise loading something crashed the system.
Try to see the tests I did in "Amiga OS4.1f and update2 hotfix on BlizzardPPC" of this forum and the following videos I made to explain the problem:

https://youtu.be/iQel9Dm14yk

https://youtu.be/psO16rcZ6mo

Thanks a lot.
Luigi
Discovery69

Post by Discovery69 »

Hi.
I had read in the past that the two cards had different controllers, or perhaps the same chip but used differently.
I only regret not being able to use my old SCSI devices with OS4.1f and only with OS3.9 in the old partition.

As for the swap I reported the problem in this Forum, entitled "Amiga OS4.1f and update2 hotfix on BlizzardPPC", I have been made to do some tests but then I have not had more feedback.
The problem is highlighted in particular by filling the Fast Memory, the swap no longer works.
Same thing trying to run the RTCW game which I used as a test. I have 256MB of fast. A friend of mine with 128Mb has the same problem, even though he says that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
With update 1 the swap works even if both my friend and I have always used update 1 but with the kernal file of the original CD, otherwise loading something crashed the system.
Try to see the tests I did in "Amiga OS4.1f and update2 hotfix on BlizzardPPC" of this forum and the following videos I made to explain the problem:

https://youtu.be/iQel9Dm14yk

https://youtu.be/psO16rcZ6mo

Thanks a lot.
Luigi