Large partitions with card on PCMCIA port

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
Amiguy

Large partitions with card on PCMCIA port

Post by Amiguy »

Hi,

I have a 128 GB compact flash card which works fine on my IDE port with FFS accepting large partitions from Workbench 3.1.4.1.

I would like to use another card of the same size on my PCMCIA port, but the card is not recognized (the card blocks the system and releases it as soon as I take it out of the PCMCIA port. I specify that a 4 GB flash card works perfectly.

Even if I change the filesystem of the CF0 file (L: FastFileSystem), I did not have the expected result.

I guess it is not possible to manage a 128 GB card through the PCMCIA port. You confirm ?
Amiga 1200 2Mb Chip - PiStorm32 lite - CF 128Gb - Indivision MK3 - GOEX Drive - WB 3.2.2.1
AmigaOne X5000 2Ghz / 8Gb Ram - SSD 2x4Tb - Radeon RX 580 4Gb - Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 SBX - AmigaOS4.1 FE
Discovery69

Re: Large partitions with card on PCMCIA port

Post by Discovery69 »

Amiguy wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:07 am Hi,

I have a 128 GB compact flash card which works fine on my IDE port with FFS accepting large partitions from Workbench 3.1.4.1.

I would like to use another card of the same size on my PCMCIA port, but the card is not recognized (the card blocks the system and releases it as soon as I take it out of the PCMCIA port. I specify that a 4 GB flash card works perfectly.

Even if I change the filesystem of the CF0 file (L: FastFileSystem), I did not have the expected result.

I guess it is not possible to manage a 128 GB card through the PCMCIA port. You confirm ?
good morning.
I have never tried 128Gb Compat Flash, at most 16Gb. With the FFS I have never been able to get it to work with the PCMCIA-CF adapter but with a USB-CF adapter it works partitioned in FFS. However, it does not work with the Smart file system.
But I managed to get it to work by formatting it as FAT and using this driver:

http://aminet.net/driver/media/CFD133.lha

However, it is also needed in L: the Fat95 file system, always downloadable from Aminet.
Amiguy

Post by Amiguy »

Thank you Discover69 for your feedback ;) .

I am amazed that there is so little reaction to my question. We see much more daring experiences everywhere on Youtube. I am thinking in particular of the use of an mSata disk (240 GB!) on IDE port. Too bad nobody really exploits the capabilities of the new Workbench 3.1.4 file system. I have never had any operational problems.

Worse, some have successfully installed the new Workbench... and persist in using SFS :roll: . Weird ...
Amiga 1200 2Mb Chip - PiStorm32 lite - CF 128Gb - Indivision MK3 - GOEX Drive - WB 3.2.2.1
AmigaOne X5000 2Ghz / 8Gb Ram - SSD 2x4Tb - Radeon RX 580 4Gb - Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 SBX - AmigaOS4.1 FE
Discovery69

Post by Discovery69 »

Amiguy wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:51 pm Thank you Discover69 for your feedback ;) .

I am amazed that there is so little reaction to my question. We see much more daring experiences everywhere on Youtube. I am thinking in particular of the use of an mSata disk (240 GB!) on IDE port. Too bad nobody really exploits the capabilities of the new Workbench 3.1.4 file system. I have never had any operational problems.

Worse, some have successfully installed the new Workbench... and persist in using SFS :roll: . Weird ...
Hello nothing :)
I don't have WB 3.1.4 yet because I mostly use OS4.1fe Classic on the blizzardPPC and I also have a Sam460, but I recently bought another Amiga1200 and I know I'll buy it soon ;-)
If you like I leave you the link of my channel:
https://youtube.com/channel/UCevjDYnkqb4_Sryytse1ULw

Luigi
Amiguy

Post by Amiguy »

Hi Luigi, your channel is interesting. I will follow with interest the topics you develop about the A1200. Thank you in advance ;)
Discovery69

Post by Discovery69 »

Amiguy wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:20 pm Hi Luigi, your channel is interesting. I will follow with interest the topics you develop about the A1200. Thank you in advance ;)
Thanks ti you :-)