Scanner problems with queue-handler

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
Castellen

Scanner problems with queue-handler

Post by Castellen »

Hi again OS3.1.4 team,
There appears to be an issue with the v45.2 L:queue-handler from OS3.1.4 (no update with 3.1.4.1) and some scanners. Specifically with mustek.device, I've not tried others.

Using a SCSI scanner connected to this A4000T, performing a scan using either FXscan or Betascan, both using Mustek.device 1.0-104 (Jan 28 2001), the scanner starts normally and appears to do its normal thing. At completion of the scan there's always an message "Error in communication" and no scan result.

Restoring the original queue-handler v37.12 from OS3.1, or the unofficial update queue-handler v50.20 from BoingBag3+4, the scan always completes correctly.

Looking at SnoopDOS during a scan with queue-handler v45.2 shows:

Code: Select all

Count Process Name       Action     Target Name                                       Options  Res.
----- ------------       ------     -----------                                       -------  ----
1     Mustek.scsi.device Lock       pipe:                                             Read     Fail
2     Mustek.scsi.device Open       pipe:                                             Modify   Fail
3     Mustek.scsi.device Open       pipe:                                             Write    Fail
4     Mustek.scsi.device Lock       pipe:                                             Read     Fail
5     Mustek.scsi.device Open       pipe:                                             Read     Fail
6     fxSCAN             Open       Main:fxSCAN/GUIpics/Reqs/Exit.gfx                 Read     OK  
7     fxSCAN             Open       Main:fxSCAN/GUIpics/Reqs/Exit.gfx                 Read     OK  

This is the SnoopDOS log with queue-handler v50.20 when it works correctly,

Code: Select all

Count Process Name       Action     Target Name                                       Options  Res.
----- ------------       ------     -----------                                       -------  ----
1     Mustek.scsi.device Lock       pipe:                                             Read     Fail
2     Mustek.scsi.device Open       pipe:                                             Modify   Fail
3     Mustek.scsi.device Open       pipe:                                             Write    OK  
4     Mustek.scsi.device Lock       pipe:                                             Read     Fail
5     Mustek.scsi.device Open       pipe:                                             Read     OK
I don't have any further clues than that. Could you please have a look during the next round of maintenance? The issue is easily reproducible with this setup, so I'm happy to perform any testing as needed to help debug and fix the problem.

Thanks again,
Anthony.
Gulliver

Re: Scanner problems with queue-handler

Post by Gulliver »

Hi Anthony,

Unfortunately I don't have the hardware to test this myself. And I doubt other testers have it either.

Since you are open for testing, and have properly reported the "copy" bug, would you be interested in becoming an AmigaOS (68k) beta tester?

PM if you are interested.

Regards,
Ignacio
Castellen

Post by Castellen »

Thanks for the update on this and the C:copy issue.

Have sent you a PM regarding beta testing.

Anthony.
Gulliver

Post by Gulliver »

PM replied. :)