Trouble with Mediator 1200 and Voodoo 3 after update

A forum for Classic Amiga specific support issues.
Rotzloeffel

Trouble with Mediator 1200 and Voodoo 3 after update

Post by Rotzloeffel »

Hi volks,

After installing FE Update 1 on an Amiga 1200 with Mediator and Voodoo 3 Card, a friend of mine gets black screen. The voodo is not recognized anymore.
Is it possible, that the functionality of adding Z3 Ram (used or not) causes Adressspace-conflicts when using a voodoo3 with open WinSize Jumper on Mediator ?

Readeon Users will not run into this Problem, because winsize is closed (->more than 256 MB PCI Memory)

From guide:

WINSIZE: This relates to how much memory space your PCI cards require. With the jumper open, the PCI memory space is 256MB. With it closed, the space is 512MB.

Only your graphics card is likely to present memory to the system, so you can base the decision for this jumper on the amount of RAM on your graphics card.
If it's less than 256MB, open this jumper. If it's 256MB or more, close this jumper.
NOTE: Some Radeon cards may require more memory space than their total RAM size, so you may need you to close this jumper (you can check by comparing the MemSpace values in C:PCIInfo output with the jumper open and closed).

any Ideas ? Betatesters with this setup around ? any suggestions ?

thanks in advance
DarrenHD
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Trouble with Mediator 1200 and Voodoo 3 after update

Post by DarrenHD »

Rotzloeffel wrote:Hi volks,

After installing FE Update 1 on an Amiga 1200 with Mediator and Voodoo 3 Card, a friend of mine gets black screen. The voodo is not recognized anymore.
Is it possible, that the functionality of adding Z3 Ram (used or not) causes Adressspace-conflicts when using a voodoo3 with open WinSize Jumper on Mediator ?

Readeon Users will not run into this Problem, because winsize is closed (->more than 256 MB PCI Memory)

From guide:

WINSIZE: This relates to how much memory space your PCI cards require. With the jumper open, the PCI memory space is 256MB. With it closed, the space is 512MB.

Only your graphics card is likely to present memory to the system, so you can base the decision for this jumper on the amount of RAM on your graphics card.
If it's less than 256MB, open this jumper. If it's 256MB or more, close this jumper.
NOTE: Some Radeon cards may require more memory space than their total RAM size, so you may need you to close this jumper (you can check by comparing the MemSpace values in C:PCIInfo output with the jumper open and closed).

any Ideas ? Betatesters with this setup around ? any suggestions ?

thanks in advance
I believe this has been replicated and the developers are working on it. Stay tuned.
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!
Rotzloeffel

Post by Rotzloeffel »

DarrenHD wrote: I believe this has been replicated and the developers are working on it. Stay tuned.
Hi Darren... Thank you for your support ! We will wait :D
Rotzloeffel

Post by Rotzloeffel »

DarrenHD wrote: I believe this has been replicated and the developers are working on it. Stay tuned.
Just to Report another isssue with Classic!

Configuration: Amiga 4000 with GREX-PCI and Premedia2 Card is not working anymore after FE-update 1! Maybe, it is the same issue...
DarrenHD
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by DarrenHD »

I will update the bug with that info. I don't recall us ever testing the Permedia2 with the GREX, although as you said it had been working. Probably related. (We didn't have a PCI Permedia2 to test on the GREX). Thanks for the report.
AmigaOS 4.x Beta Tester - Classic Amiga enthusiast - http://www.hd-zone.com is my Amiga Blog, check it out!
Rotzloeffel

Post by Rotzloeffel »

DarrenHD wrote: Probably related. (We didn't have a PCI Permedia2 to test on the GREX). Thanks for the report.
If you need some testing with common fixes, let me know! I will forward it !

kind regards
DarrenHD
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by DarrenHD »

Rotzloeffel wrote:
DarrenHD wrote: Probably related. (We didn't have a PCI Permedia2 to test on the GREX). Thanks for the report.
If you need some testing with common fixes, let me know! I will forward it !

kind regards
Thanks. The fix is still in development/testing, I will update the thread when new info becomes available.
BULI

Post by BULI »

Hello everyone :-)

I found source of problem and solution.
Problem is new kernel in kicstart drawer.
I exchanged it on old kernel and everything is OK (no frezze when usage 3d on RADEON, Early Startup Menu works fine on Radeon, driver Voodoo works).
DarrenHD
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by DarrenHD »

BULI wrote:Hello everyone :-)

I found source of problem and solution.
Problem is new kernel in kicstart drawer.
I exchanged it on old kernel and everything is OK (no frezze when usage 3d on RADEON, Early Startup Menu works fine on Radeon, driver Voodoo works).
Thanks, yes we knew it was probably in the kernel. They are working on an update but that is a work-around for now until that is done.
thoby

Post by thoby »

Hi,

Are there any news on this topic? I'm expericec the same issue even after I installed update 2 for 4.1 FE.