WBPattern Prefs

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Scriptjester
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:27 pm

WBPattern Prefs

Post by Scriptjester »

Not really important, but when you selected a picture that is bigger than screen size in WBPatttern Prefs,
if you want it to be centered, it does not work.
User avatar
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer
Posts: 594
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:40 am
Location: Portsmouth, UK
Contact:

Re: WBPattern Prefs

Post by broadblues »

Scriptjester wrote:Not really important, but when you selected a picture that is bigger than screen size in WBPatttern Prefs,
if you want it to be centered, it does not work.
I just tried ths and can't replicate it here, can you give more details? Screen size / Image size etc? maybe a screen shot showinf the incorrect placement.
Scriptjester
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: WBPattern Prefs

Post by Scriptjester »

- screenmode : 1600 x 1080 32
- backdrop picture : 1920x1080

(See the WbPattern preferences picture)
Attachments
WBPattern preferences.png
(107.2 KiB) Downloaded 1729 times
User avatar
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: WBPattern Prefs

Post by tonyw »

But that picture doesn't show anything wrong. What is wrong with the backdrop image? Is is displaced? Left or right-oriented instead of centred?
Can you give us a screen grab (reduced to fit) of the bad image?

It looks OK here. I'm using a 1280x768 monitor and when I "Test" the 1920x1200 backdrop, it seems to overflow the screen by the right amount.
cheers
tony
User avatar
MichaelMerkel
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: WBPattern Prefs

Post by MichaelMerkel »

tonyw wrote:But that picture doesn't show anything wrong. What is wrong with the backdrop image? Is is displaced? Left or right-oriented instead of centred?
Can you give us a screen grab (reduced to fit) of the bad image?

It looks OK here. I'm using a 1280x768 monitor and when I "Test" the 1920x1200 backdrop, it seems to overflow the screen by the right amount.
i also tried it here. i have a 1280x1024 monitor and displayed a 1600x1200 picture.
it makes no difference using "tiled" or "centered". it looks identical. so centered does not ehow the middle part of the too big picture but the upper left part.

regards...
michael
Michael Merkel :lol:
(Member of Amiga Freunde Pfalz)
User avatar
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Posts: 1564
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:25 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Contact:

Re: WBPattern Prefs

Post by nbache »

Ah, but "Centered" means "Picture centered on WB", not "WB using center part of picture".

At least that's how I understand it.

Best regards,

Niels
Scriptjester
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:27 pm

Re: WBPattern Prefs

Post by Scriptjester »

English is not my native language, so I understood "WB using center part of picture".

Nevertheless, to my ears, there no difference with "Picture centered on WB" (but may be my translation or official french translation make me think wrong).

As I understood :
- if picture size is smaller than screen size then picture will be centered (it does not fit to screen size)
- if picture size is bigger than screen size then only a small part of the picture must appear, but it would be center of picture

But as I said in my first post : it's not really important.

Subject can be closed
User avatar
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer
Posts: 1445
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:36 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: WBPattern Prefs

Post by tonyw »

We can't close the subject yet, I haven't finished arguing!

If I choose a huge picture (raw from camera, more than 2500x1500), then select "Test" in the WBPattern Prefs, it certainly shows a different part of the picture with "Center" and "Tile". "Center" shows the centre of the picture on the WB screen, while "Tile" shows the top left corner. Note that you have to click on "Test" again after changing the Layout.

I think that is what one would expect. I can't see a bug, it looks right to me.
cheers
tony
User avatar
MichaelMerkel
Beta Tester
Beta Tester
Posts: 350
Joined: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:08 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: WBPattern Prefs

Post by MichaelMerkel »

tonyw wrote:We can't close the subject yet, I haven't finished arguing!

If I choose a huge picture (raw from camera, more than 2500x1500), then select "Test" in the WBPattern Prefs, it certainly shows a different part of the picture with "Center" and "Tile". "Center" shows the centre of the picture on the WB screen, while "Tile" shows the top left corner. Note that you have to click on "Test" again after changing the Layout.

I think that is what one would expect. I can't see a bug, it looks right to me.
if this works for you then this has been changed/fixed in the meantime.
in the public os4.1 upd2 the display is the same for tile/centered. I just checked it again with a huge camera picture.
;) indeed - this thread can be closed then.

regards...
michael
Michael Merkel :lol:
(Member of Amiga Freunde Pfalz)
User avatar
Elwood
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:57 pm
Location: Lyon, France
Contact:

Re: WBPattern Prefs

Post by Elwood »

This is fixed in workbench.library 53.30 that will be in Update3...
Philippe "Elwood" Ferrucci
Sam460 owner
AmigaOS 4 betatester
Post Reply