Dock & Running Apps.

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
xenic

Dock & Running Apps.

Post by xenic »

I'm not sure why the topic "Two desktop experience questions. Dock & Running Apps. " appears in the "General AmigaOS" forum but won't let me post but I have an AmiDock question based on the advice that was given in that topic. How do I make a second dock transparent like the main dock?? I created an Apps dock (for running apps to place icons into) as described in the other topic, but it has a white background and won't let me adjust the transparency.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
hotrod

Re: Dock & Running Apps.

Post by hotrod »

xenic wrote:I'm not sure why the topic "Two desktop experience questions. Dock & Running Apps. " appears in the "General AmigaOS" forum but won't let me post but I have an AmiDock question based on the advice that was given in that topic. How do I make a second dock transparent like the main dock?? I created an Apps dock (for running apps to place icons into) as described in the other topic, but it has a white background and won't let me adjust the transparency.
Going from my memory now, in the first tab you can choose the dock that you want to change (you choose the settings option for amidock in the menues). So mark the dock and then choose the other tabs to change the look.
xenic

Post by xenic »

hotrod wrote:
xenic wrote:I'm not sure why the topic "Two desktop experience questions. Dock & Running Apps. " appears in the "General AmigaOS" forum but won't let me post but I have an AmiDock question based on the advice that was given in that topic. How do I make a second dock transparent like the main dock?? I created an Apps dock (for running apps to place icons into) as described in the other topic, but it has a white background and won't let me adjust the transparency.
Going from my memory now, in the first tab you can choose the dock that you want to change (you choose the settings option for amidock in the menues). So mark the dock and then choose the other tabs to change the look.
That's what I'm doing, only the appearance tab for my Apps dock won't let me change the transparency setting. It just shows the transparency slider centered and doesn't activate when I click on it.
BillEaves
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by BillEaves »

xenic wrote:I'm not sure why the topic "Two desktop experience questions. Dock & Running Apps. " appears in the "General AmigaOS" forum but won't let me post
The same topic also appeared in the X1000 list which you may not have access to.
I replied and my answer appeared in both forums. Seems like a bit of a cross posting problem.
That's what I'm doing, only the appearance tab for my Apps dock won't let me change the transparency setting. It just shows the transparency slider centered and doesn't activate when I click on it.
What do you have set for the "Icon Area" setting above the level slider ?

Mine is set to "Fully Transparent" which works here.

[Edit] fixed my duff quoting tags.
xenic

Post by xenic »

BillEaves wrote: What do you have set for the "Icon Area" setting above the level slider ?
Mine is set to "Fully Transparent" which works here.
Yes. That was my problem and I'm not sure why I didn't spot that option. Thanks for the info. I was going to ask you in the other forum but was unable to post there.