Maximising windows

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
chris

Re: Maximising windows

Post by chris »

BillEaves wrote:
chris wrote:Hold LAmiga and click the close gadget to close all WB directory windows.
I was going to say that doesn't work at all for me. But if you change LAmiga to RAmiga it does !
Yep, my mistake, I wasn't on my Amiga at that point otherwise I would have checked before posting!
BillEaves
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by BillEaves »

hotrod wrote: Then you might just as well add that if you hold down RAmiga while clicking on icon it will close the previous window. This is using the default settings.
And if you do have the prefs set to close the parent window automatically then holding RAmiga will keep the parent window open - eg. it reverses the current setting you may have.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

hotrod wrote:Are there any docs for this by the way? "WBHelp" maybe?
Yes, it does mention a number of these tricks.
I get some danish version for some reason but in prefs/locale I've choosen Swedish as my number one option and after that "english" and last "english-british". So why doesn't it choose english if a swedish version isn't available?

EDIT: Oh I see that someone obviously thought that you would understand that if you're from Sweden? Wouldn't it be better to strictly follow the options in prefs/locale?
That's definitely not intended (although of course I will claim that the Danish version is second to none and should be enjoyed by anyone - but then I might be slightly biased ... ;-)).

I can confirm from various installations here that it is indeed an error in the installation archive; the Danish Workbench.guide has for some reason been put not only in Locale/Help/danish/Sys/ where it belongs, but also in Locale/Help/swedish/Sys/.

I've made a report about it in Bugzilla.

But you can safely delete the copy of Workbench.guidefrom the swedish directory - unless you actually do enjoy reading it, of course.

Best regards,

Niels
djrikki

Post by djrikki »

Sounds like I've got a few more articles right into Jack's dictionary... some pretty neat shortcut keys+mouse combos here!

Sat in front of my mac atm.. if your a Mac user as well like me try holding shift and double-clicking the title bar of a window... see it? What real-life usage does that possibly have? :lol:
hotrod

Post by hotrod »

BillEaves wrote:
hotrod wrote: Then you might just as well add that if you hold down RAmiga while clicking on icon it will close the previous window. This is using the default settings.
And if you do have the prefs set to close the parent window automatically then holding RAmiga will keep the parent window open - eg. it reverses the current setting you may have.
That's why I wrote "if using the default setting". I'm a pro AOS user lol.
BillEaves
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by BillEaves »

hotrod wrote: That's why I wrote "if using the default setting". I'm a pro AOS user lol.
I know, it was not for your benefit. I just added the bit you missed that the newbies may not realise, that is is a toggle setting ;-)
Amigo1

Post by Amigo1 »

and hold "shift" while clicking on the close gadget and the parent drawer opens..