Keyboard not detected

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Eroom

Keyboard not detected

Post by Eroom »

Since update4 my keyboard is not detected at first boot, i have to unplug it and plug it back in, after that it works fine. It used to do it with update3 but very rarely.
Im using a new AmigaOne keyboard but its the PS/2 version which ive got plugged into ps/2 to usb converter, could that be the problem ?.
I've got loads of keyboards but there all ps/2 so i cant even try a usb version to see if it goes away.
Thought id see if anybody else has had a problem before I buy the usb version of the AmigaOne keyboard.

Forgot to mention its a Sam460ex.
djrikki

Re: Keyboard not detected

Post by djrikki »

SAM460ex with usb keyboard here.

Still does it here on first boot of the day; intermittent. Also mouse has started playing up again, have to move it to a different usb port in order for it to work.

Also that damn sound driver doesn't mount correctly 99% of the time (same as update 3) so I do a soft boot, and then it either freezes playing the start-up sound (80%+ chance)
or continues as it should.

And whats the relationship between Hollywood, Tunenet and the WB when it comes to audio playback... as AmigaAMP plays the audio much louder.

All these continuing usb problems are leaving a sour taste in my mouth even the competition pro joypad is causing me headaches. (see separate thread)
Eroom

Re: Keyboard not detected

Post by Eroom »

At the moment the mouse has never failed (ive done it now :roll: ) and never had a problem with the sound driver.
The amount of times the keyboard did it under update3 was bearable but its getting slightly annoying now.