Usbctrl Restart freezes system

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
samo79

Re: Usbctrl Restart freezes system

Post by samo79 »

Yep, hopefully it will be fixed for the next update ;)
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

samo79 wrote:Yep, hopefully it will be fixed for the next update ;)
Yes :-)

Too bad there aren't any cool smileys around...

ah, what the heck, here's one for LyleHaze

:-D
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
samo79

Post by samo79 »

Mmm I found this but it's an external one:

Too small ? 8-)
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

This seems to be correct. I tried it from my Sam after establishing a VNC session connected from a Windows XP machine to my Sam.
The Sam keyboard and mouse locked-up but I was able to control the Sam via the VNC session from Windows XP.

xenic wrote:@Raziel

So far it appears that issuing a "USBCtrl Restart" with USB stick insterted is causing an input freeze on SAMs and other slightly less catastrophic problems on other hardware. I think we have enough evidence for this issue to be reported as a "bug" if we can get the attention of a developer or beta tester.
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
xenic

Post by xenic »

Update to my original posts about this problem:
Since recently adding a new HP all-in-one printer, my USB keyboard related problems have gotten worse. It seems that increasing the number of devices connected to SAM USB increases the frequency of keyboard dropouts. Turning on the printer and using it seems to result in a keyboard dropout at some point. I haven't found a way to reliably reproduce the keyboard dropouts but if I am online and using the printer, I typically have 3 to 4 occurances of keyboard dropout per day. If the printer has been turned on (even if it is later turned off) then "USBCtrl Restart" freezes all USB input just like having a media device plugged in (as I noted in my original post). The problem has gotten so bad that I have added a "Reboot" menu item to the WorkBench menus so I can reboot AmigaDOS with the mouse when the keyboard stops working. I recently bought a new "wired" Microsoft keyboard to see if my keyboard was part of the problem. Switching to the new keyboard had no effect.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE