Updated elf.library for OS4.1 FE available through AmiUpdate

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Updated elf.library for OS4.1 FE available through AmiUpdate

Post by nbache »

Hyperion Entertainment has released a new version of elf.library. Get it through AmiUpdate.

There's a comprehensive list of fixes in the releasenotes inside the downloaded package (which is installed in SYS:Documentation/ReleaseNotes/ by the AutoInstall).

Best regards,

Niels
Roland

Re: Updated elf.library for OS4.1 FE available through AmiUpdate

Post by Roland »

nbache wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:58 pmThere's a comprehensive list of fixes in the releasenotes inside the downloaded package (which is installed in SYS:Documentation/ReleaseNotes/ by the AutoInstall).
That list of fixes was totally hebrew for a non-programmer...:-( Can you please tell how does this new version affect the everyday life of an enduser?
- Roland -
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

I'll refer you to someone who actually knows what he's talking about: https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?topic ... #msg858170

Best regards,

Niels
Roland

Post by Roland »

nbache wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 4:17 pm I'll refer you to someone who actually knows what he's talking about: https://forum.amiga.org/index.php?topic ... #msg858170
Thanks! Succeeded to install it... Is there hope for any other updates from Hyperion in near future?
- Roland -
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

There's always hope - hope is a good thing.

:-)

(Sorry, I'm under NDA as a beta tester.)

Best regards,

Niels
daveyw

Post by daveyw »

In your link, Oliver says "AmiSSL v5 can be updated easier (no errors if it is in use) when the new version of elf.library installed (something which I fixed in advance quite a while ago, so its great that everyone can now at last benefit from it)."

Wow, this is good news. I have a few lines in my user-startup that sets the weather as env variables. Always have to comment it out, reboot and then update AmiSSL whenever there's an update.