AmiUpdate SOLVED!

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
VooDoo

AmiUpdate SOLVED!

Post by VooDoo »

Hi to all!

I have strange problem when I try to connect on AmigaOS update server with AmiUpdate tool. Now, I have isntalled version 2.47 but with newer version I have the same problem..

So, that I cut my story.. I can not access to AmigaOs server to check for updates, in log file you can check errors.

I have in use x5000 with AmigaOS4.1 final and all updates installed, also I have registred Os4.1 final on Hyperion webpage. It is interesting thing that when I am login on hyperion webpage login/pass are working fine..

On link belocve you can read more, Nbache is trying to help me with this problem...

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/v ... _id=133427

Log file

12:26:22 Started system scan

12:26:22 Found host machine as: X5020

12:26:22 Synchronising with server: 'update.amigaos.net'...

12:26:22 Requesting HTTP header file from server...

12:26:22 Trying to connect to: www2.hyperion-entertainment.com on port: 80

12:26:22 Connected

12:26:22 Received HTTP header file...

12:26:22 Basic Authorisation required for this update

12:26:22 Prompting user for login details...

12:26:29 Authorizing...

12:26:29 Trying to connect to: www2.hyperion-entertainment.com on port: 80

12:26:29 Connected

12:27:09 20 second timeout exceeded, retry #1

12:27:29 Received HTTP header file...

12:27:29 Error 408 returned from HEAD request:

12:27:29 HTTPFetch error: Transferring the file was not possible due to a previous error

12:27:29 Scan completed

Thank you
Last edited by VooDoo on Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: AmiUpdate

Post by nbache »

Good idea to open a thread here - let's hope someone notices who has a new hint.

I just tried running AmiUpdate booted from the public partition of my X5000/40 to compare the logs.

I noticed that my log has much more information, which must be because I have set the Verbose checkmark on the General page of the Updates prefs. You could try that too, maybe it gives a new hint.

Also I notice that in your log, it says it prompts you for the user/pass, but in my case it says it has found it in Sitelist. Usually (I believe) the user/pass will be saved there once AmiUpdate has done a successful login with them, so that points in the direction that for some reason they are still not accepted.

Maybe you could check what is in your SiteList file? (Normally SYS:System/AmiUpdate/SiteList, and it's a plain text file).

DON'T quote the contents here, because your password is in it - unencrypted :-). This is also why I don't show mine here.

The contents should look like:

AmigaOSUpdateServer
<username>
<password>

- where lines 2-3 are the user/pass for the Hyperion server.

Best regards,

Niels
VooDoo

Re: AmiUpdate (SOLVED)

Post by VooDoo »

You are the King, Nbache :) Problem solved with SiteList file, for some reason that file is missing in my AmiUpdate drawer so I copied it from my old system backup and now AmiUpdate it works! I can see all files on server, no any kind of errors on connecting.

Only, I can not download MUI archive from the list it seems they are missing on the server..

One more question, is there way to make update of files automatically (copying to drawers) ? Now, AmiUpdate dl files on HDD and I need to copy files to right place.

Thank you so much, NBache! :)
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: AmiUpdate SOLVED!

Post by nbache »

Glad it helped :-).

But I wonder why the file was missing; as I wrote, it should really be created automatically when a successful login has been made. So for some reason that seems to never have happened for you, using the input requester.

About MUI, I believe it used to point to the external server where MUI used to be distributed from, and maybe the location is not the same any more.

I usually keep MUI updated "manually", i.e. by getting it from wherever a new version is announced to be, and using its own installer. That way I don't see AmiUpdate listing it.

The automatic update is selectable in the Updates prefs. It's the first checkbox on the third tab of the prefs.

Best regards,

Niels
VooDoo

Re: AmiUpdate SOLVED!

Post by VooDoo »

Thank you again. Now, I have everything like earlier on old uA1c ! :mrgreen: