Lag text display in intuition window AOS4.1Fe using console.device

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
gdridi

Lag text display in intuition window AOS4.1Fe using console.device

Post by gdridi »

Hello,

I use two programs through my ACON Dos device (and exec device also) that at some point call console.device with amigaos final edition u0

The one with full-editing (Stevie: a vim like) is lagging when text output and opened console.device and CMD_READ. Text seems to be buffered somewhere ?
But in fact, this is only
when I keyed down/continuously cursor up/down there’re too much repetition of scrolling down/up that won’t stop after I released on key up - continuing to lag.
Perhaps I need to call CMD_CLEAR to stop reading commands.

There’s no problem with cursor left/right displacement when keyed down which stops immediately when the key left/right is released up. No call no line scrolling.

The other program with line-editing (Ed Unix) package displays a bunch of twenty lines text, well with no lagging.

Both use my ACON and open/close it. And console.device on an intuition window.

I don’t know why because they was no lag at all with previous AOS4.1 - but with AOS4.1Fe - any clue ?

Regards,
DGILLES
tonyw
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: Lag text display in intuition window AOS4.1Fe using console.device

Post by tonyw »

Old programs like that were usually written for OS3 consoles: the OS4 console is very different.

Quite likely this problem will be solved by including the "Legacy" option in the console window open string.
cheers
tony