Bug in FE Update 2 Date Command

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Amiguy

Re: Bug in FE Update 2 Date Command

Post by Amiguy »

@kas1e
Thank you very much for your advice. I was able to connect to the server as you indicated. The update went well. I have now version 53.11 of timersync.library.

I was hoping that with this update I could fix my issue, but it doesn't. Indeed, each time I return from my Linux environment (Fienix) to the Amiga environment, the time goes back two hours :? . When I start on the Amiga environment, the corrected time is saved.
Amiga 1200 2Mb Chip - PiStorm32 lite - CF 128Gb - Indivision MK3 - GOEX Drive - WB 3.2.2.1
AmigaOne X5000 2Ghz / 8Gb Ram - SSD 2x4Tb - Radeon RX 580 4Gb - Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 SBX - AmigaOS4.1 FE
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

I was hoping that with this update I could fix my issue, but it doesn't. Indeed, each time I return from my Linux environment (Fienix) to the Amiga environment, the time goes back two hours :? . When I start on the Amiga environment, the corrected time is saved.
Yes I've had that issue in the past, though only by 1 hour and only in the summer , it's caused by loonix and amigaos interpreting the hardware clock differently. Loonix treats it as UTC and applies TimeZone offset) and AmigaOS as the local time. I did once find a way arround that on the linux side but I don't use linux on any of my AmigaOS hardware anymore so unfortunatly have forgotten!
broadblues
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by broadblues »

Ah you could try:

# timedatectl set-local-rtc 1

on the linux side

info from here

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/System_time

your distro may vary
Paul Zager

Post by Paul Zager »

kas1e wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:29 pm
user/pass which you had for Hyperion's site on the web.
Thanks for that reminder. I checked and I am able to get in to the various Hyperion sites with mine. But even when using these parameters with update.amigaos.net, Amiupdate does not show timesync.library.

When I try to get the version of my existing timesync.library, the version string is not accesible either by shell command or workbench. Using the mouse to get "information" shows that the file was last changed on June 28, 2017.

What am I doing wrong?

Paul
Frankenthousand, the monster A1000
A1-XE G4, 2GB, 9250
X5000/20
Raziel

Post by Raziel »

Checking the obvious here...is your copy of os4 registered at hyperion?
Iirc it checks that first before providing any updates, i might be wrong though
People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Paul Zager

Post by Paul Zager »

Raziel wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:57 pm Checking the obvious here...is your copy of os4 registered at hyperion?
Iirc it checks that first before providing any updates, i might be wrong though
I just went in and looked, and --yes-- , my OS4.1 for X5000 is registered. Thanks for responding.

Paul
A1-XE G4, 2GB, 9250
X5000/20
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

@Paul

If you are using AEON's version command 54.8 there is bug in it.
Fix soon to be released.

https://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum/ ... post125077
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
Paul Zager

Post by Paul Zager »

Spectre660 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:58 pm @Paul

If you are using AEON's version command 54.8 there is bug in it.
Fix soon to be released.

https://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum/ ... post125077
OK, that's it. I'll wait then.

Paul
A1-XE G4, 2GB, 9250
X5000/20
Spectre660

Post by Spectre660 »

The Original Hyperion Version command is usually backed up and can be used still .

SYS:Storage/Enhancer_Software_v2.0_Backup/C/Version SYS:Libs/timesync.library

timesync.library 53.11
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
Rigo
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Rigo »

I would suggest not using anything of AEons that overwrites system components. This fascination they have with "reinventing the wheel" is causing nothing but problems for users (and developers alike). The side effect is that those dealing with the bugs in AmigaOS are inundated with reports that are actually nothing to do with the OS, but instead this "virus" coming from AEon and it's "superior" software.

If any of you have problems, my suggestion would be to remove this contamination by the so called "enhancer" and go back to a stock install before giving innocent developers the runaround chasing bugs in something out of their control.

Applications are one thing, but anyone writing software which blatantly overwrites OS files is something which deserves the firing squad. It's a complete clusterfuck, and confuses the users to death, let alone unsuspecting developers chasing bugs.

So, at the very least, lets quote some version numbers in bug reports, and providing that AEon are not cloning version numbers, it might be possible to weed out this contamination sooner rather than spending countless hours tracking ghost bugs in someone else's crap code....

Just a thought....

Simon