Bug in FE Update 2 Date Command

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Spectre660

Re: Bug in FE Update 2 Date Command

Post by Spectre660 »

@Rigo

I see it as a possible push towards technological evolution.
Can AmigaOS evolve to prevent components from being overwritten or block those that were overwritten from executing .?
If so then Enhancer and anything else would also have to evolve to find a niche in an environment that prevented component from being overwritten or executing .

:D
Sam460ex : Radeon Rx550 Single slot Video Card : SIL3112 SATA card
Rigo
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Rigo »

It's highly unlikely unless AmigaOS adopts some sort of database of distributed components (akin to a registry) where every component is checked for version number before being run.

Well, you can imagine what kind of rapturous applause this is going to receive, can't you...

Needless to say, it will certainly slow that system down, let alone anything else.

No, this problem needs to be weeded out at the root cause. My advice is to simply not overwrite system components, and the problem is gone.

Simon
Amiguy

Post by Amiguy »

@broadblues

Thank you very much for your tip ;) . I will try your solution as soon as possible.
Amiga 1200 2Mb Chip - PiStorm32 lite - CF 128Gb - Indivision MK3 - GOEX Drive - WB 3.2.2.1
AmigaOne X5000 2Ghz / 8Gb Ram - SSD 2x4Tb - Radeon RX 580 4Gb - Sound Blaster Audigy FX 5.1 SBX - AmigaOS4.1 FE
redfox

Post by redfox »

Deleted