Application notification server turned off with update2hotfix?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
blmara

Application notification server turned off with update2hotfix?

Post by blmara »

Hi,

after updating my Amiga X1000 with FE update 2 and hotfix I noticed that applications using IApplication->NotifyA (i.e. Wet, AmiUpdate and my still-in-development program) won't show any notifications anymore. Checked the result of NotifyA, it is #define APPNOTIFY_ERROR_SERVERNOTRUNNING 120. I have removed Ringhio from my WBStartup because I understood the NotifyA server would be inbuilt in application.library. Have I misunderstood this or what is the way of starting the notification server in update 2+hotfix?

Marko
Marko
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: Application notification server turned off with update2hotfix?

Post by nbache »

The Ringhio functionality has been taken over by A-Eon some years ago and is now (renamed to Notifications prefs and NotificationServer) part of the Enhancer Pack.

It was a misunderstanding that led to the partial new notification functionality using application.library being released in the oriiginal Update 2, so this was removed again with the hotfix.

At least that's how I have understood it.

Best regards,

Niels
blmara

Re: Application notification server turned off with update2hotfix?

Post by blmara »

@nbache

Ok, thanks. Hopefully the work for the OS notification will be finished soon, back into Enchancer version for now!

Marko

Edit: as currently my update 2+hotfix partition contains only selected pieces of Enhancer, System/NotificationServer output was 'Error opening libraries'. With Snoopy I found out that the server needs anim.gadget and progressbar.gadget, which I copied to Classes/Gadgets. Now working.

M
Marko