Downloading OS4FE Update2 for X1000?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
webba

Downloading OS4FE Update2 for X1000?

Post by webba »

Hi,

Merry Christmas for everyone.

I was just about to download my Christmas present of new update for OS4. But I do not find it under downloads in Hyperions page. I have my X1000 First contact copy of OS4 registered there but the updates folder only shows the old Update 6 file in there.
Any idea where the new FE Updt2 should be listed for download?

Thanks,

Eero
amifrog

Re: Downloading OS4FE Update2 for X1000?

Post by amifrog »

Are you logged in?
The downloads are different for guests.
Also, this new update is for the FinalEdition, so you need to register this version to see the update.
webba

Post by webba »

Hi,

yes I am logged in. So it seems that I have not registered my 4.1. Final update verison online. I need to find my registration information for that since I have it but now recollection of when and how and where I got it from. Time to dig my emails and Amiga stuff boxes....

Thanks,

Eero
webba

Post by webba »

Found it, now I can download it.

BR
Webba
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Well, if you weren't registered, you'd have been running the original 4.1 Final Edition, without Update 1 (as you had to be registered also to download that one back then).

Make sure you download and install Update 1 first, because Update 2 requires that to be installed.

Best regards,

Niels
AndyGarton

Post by AndyGarton »

I have a similar issue, but I believe I am registered (I'm running Update 1 already). Update 2 isn't showing for me, just the original 4.1 update 6 oddly. I'm up-to-date on AmiUpdate on the X1000 itself, and it doesn't show Update 2 either (not sure if it should though?).
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

AndyGarton wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:52 amI have a similar issue, but I believe I am registered (I'm running Update 1 already). Update 2 isn't showing for me, just the original 4.1 update 6 oddly.
In that case, you're probably only registered for the original AmigaOS 4.1 release. You need to buy 4.1 Final Edition (€29.95) and register that to get access to Final Edition Upodate 1 and Update 2. Some stores seem to be out of stock, but it looks like ALinea still have them (https://www.amiga-shop.net/en/Amiga-Sof ... ::689.html - don't forget to select the correct version for your X1000).
AndyGarton wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:52 amI'm up-to-date on AmiUpdate on the X1000 itself, and it doesn't show Update 2 either (not sure if it should though?).
Once you have 4.1 Final Edition installed (and registered), I believe you do get Update 1 offered in AmiUpdate, and after installing that, you also get Update 2 offered.

But there were some problems with Update 1 and AmiUpdate back then, and I don't remember whether they were solved, so I'd advise you to get Update 1 from the Hyperion page, once you're registered, and install it yourself using the included installer.

Best regards,

Niels
AndyGarton

Post by AndyGarton »

Sorry, wasn't clear enough - I bought FE some time ago, and successfully updated to Update 1 (I can't actually remember how as it's a couple of years ago I think). I still don't get the option for Update 2 though, either in AmiUpdate or in the Hyperion Downloads section.
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by nbache »

Can you see your registration of FE among your registered products on Hyperion's page?

Best regards,

Niels
AndyGarton

Post by AndyGarton »

I couldn't, but I can now I've added it! All sorted thanks - I got misled by the fact that I already had FE installed, so assumed it must be registered.