AmigaOS DOS commands

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
nbache
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: AmigaOS DOS commands

Post by nbache »

Amigo1 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:05 pm
nbache wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:14 pm - You added the sections about GT, GE, LT, LE, MATCHES, CONTAINS, CASE, and VAL to the list of additional keywords (they are already explained further down, but of course it makes sense to have them in the list).
Correct, I'm pleased you also think it makes sense to have them in the list. I also added SET to the list.
As far as I can tell,you didn't add it, just move it. See below.
- You swapped the sections for SET and NOREQ - was there a reason for that?
The reason was to have the same order in the list as in the template. But there might be a better reason why they are in the current order. If so, I'd like to learn something new. :)
Right. I would think the NOREQ section was placed just after the EXISTS section because it deals explicitly with the functioning of the EXISTS keyword. I'd suggest leaving those in their original places.
You removed a blank line before the second example in the EXAMPLES section - was there a reason for that?
No reason for that, other than inadvertence, must have happened when I pasted the text and somehow I have deleted a line, the draft I have on my Amiga still hast the line.
Okay, I'll leave that blank line in.
Anything I missed?
The SET keyword in the list, and the typo in the VAL explanation: "numberic comparison" doesn't seem right. But then that's all I did.
The typo is also in the version you posted above, which is why my diff didn't spot it. Good catch, I'll fix that as well in the version I use for the bug report.

I'll get that into Bugzilla, thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Niels