Feature request or how to: "inverted" natural scrolling

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
ikir

Feature request or how to: "inverted" natural scrolling

Post by ikir »

Hi all! I would love to use my mouse scroll wheel as in OS X Lion, "inverted". I've tried this way and i'm much more comfortable with it, as it works on iOS it seems to scroll the page you're reading like on a touch interface. I'm so used to this now with my iPhone and OS X that usually when i use my Sam i takes a while to figure i'm scrolling in the wrong direction lol. It is a very stupid thing and secondary i know, but i'm asking if there is a way in OS4.1 update 3 to invert scrolling or if you plan to implement it, it should be a very minor and easy feature to add i suppose, in a form of a checkbox in input prefs.

Most people i know are getting used to this new type of scrolling, after few "mental" issue at beginning they find it like me more natural.

Thanks and good work!
samo79

Re: Feature request or how to: "inverted" natural scrolling

Post by samo79 »

I don't use personally but should be nice to have and maybe not so difficult to implement in input prefs ;)
ikir

Post by ikir »

No official word on it? It should be easy to implement. I hope OS4 team can add this in a future release! Thanks anyway!
djrikki

Post by djrikki »

After purchasing Lion it was the first preference I reverted back. There is nothing natural about Apple's scrolling in regard exclusively to mouse control.
ikir

Post by ikir »

djrikki wrote:After purchasing Lion it was the first preference I reverted back. There is nothing natural about Apple's scrolling in regard exclusively to mouse control.
I feel the opposite after few days of panic, because i do the same on iOS and touchscreen in general. Anyway there is no good or bad, just a simple feature, it should be very easy to implement since imho, a checkbox in input prefs, disabled by default :-)
Deniil

Post by Deniil »

@ikir

Use Macc and set the wheel acceleration to a negative value!