weird problem with upd3 - dos.library?

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
Rigo
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Re: weird problem with upd3 - dos.library?

Post by Rigo »

It's really not a good idea to be installing earlier versions of things, especially core libraries. There will definitely be dependencies on those versions with other system components. If FTPMount doesn't work, rolling back dos.library isn't the cure, repairing FTPMount is.

Simon
abalaban
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Re: weird problem with upd3 - dos.library?

Post by abalaban »

Rigo wrote:It's really not a good idea to be installing earlier versions of things, especially core libraries. There will definitely be dependencies on those versions with other system components. If FTPMount doesn't work, rolling back dos.library isn't the cure, repairing FTPMount is.
Yes I already posted this on other forums, but I'll redo it there.
I'm FTPMount maintainer for AOS4 and I can say that FTPMount does tons of weird things, and it's not so surprising it's starting to break as dos.library evolves.
Anyway I have an updated version of FTPMount on my dev machine, but this updated version now has a bug at startup which I have been unable to track down for a long time. That's a pity, I know but until recently I thought only three persons were using FTPMount (Elwood, ChrisH and me) so I didn't feel there was really a demand for an update... Now if there are more people I might reconsider, and resume the bug hunting...
AmigaOne X1000 running AOS 4 beta
AmigaOne XE/G4
Amiga 1200/PPC 603e + BVision PPC