AOS4.1FE screen corruption.

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
ddni

Re: AOS4.1FE screen corruption.

Post by ddni »

Thanks for the report.
I also find MACE unusable on the HD card. It runs reasonably on the 9250 at low resolution. The corruption I see on MACE is the ships and buttons are displayed as corrupt blocks of stripes and the screen update is about 1fps.

My video playback in FE on the HD is also markedly slower than with the same mplayer in 4.1.6
ddni

Post by ddni »

I removed the 9250 card from my system. All issues are resolved.

Now I just hope that Wazp3D works and that Warp3D or Gallium arrive.
mbrantley
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by mbrantley »

I really appreciate the boost my 9200 card in PCIe-to-PCI-X adapter gives to Blender operations, so I'm going to resist pulling my extra card. So far I am getting along OK stepping around the new graphics anomalies as best I can. Holding out for the big fix. :)
ddni

Post by ddni »

I tried to put up with the glitches, but the hit on video playback and composite games was too big.
So far I have been pleased with how good wazp3d is.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

Developers are working on the issue.

Gfx's underwent a huge change, the reason for a new CD & fresh install. Does everyone just think gfx will just work without any issues on the road to 4.2? It was suggested that you keep update 6 if you can't handel some gfx issues.

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
mbrantley
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by mbrantley »

A few bumps on the road are to be expected. No big deal.
ddni

Post by ddni »

@Ken,

I can take a few gfx issues, but not when said issues cause huge slow downs, wipes out drawer close gadgets and breaks great games (MACE).
What I find hard to take is the condescending tone of your post...
Hans stated that the glitch with dual cards was unknown until shortly before release, given this, I fail to see how anyone could have advised users to stick with u6.

As it stands, I am hugely impressed with FE and RadeonHD 2.4. The benefits so far, definitely outweigh the loss felt by removing my 9250. Indeed, wazp3D performs admirably.
sundown
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post by sundown »

ddni wrote:@Ken,

I can take a few gfx issues, but not when said issues cause huge slow downs, wipes out drawer close gadgets and breaks great games (MACE).
What I find hard to take is the condescending tone of your post...
Hans stated that the glitch with dual cards was unknown until shortly before release, given this, I fail to see how anyone could have advised users to stick with u6.

As it stands, I am hugely impressed with FE and RadeonHD 2.4. The benefits so far, definitely outweigh the loss felt by removing my 9250. Indeed, wazp3D performs admirably.
"I replaced a great 4.1.6 install with this..."
After spending months of fun with gfx crashes, comments like that are hard to take...

I expect you & every one else to report issues without adding negative comments is all. Not many beta testers, if any were testing dual gfx cards & reporting issues. The developers do their best to make everyone happy, but not possible.

I didn't say "stick with ud6" I said keep it if you need to compare any issues.

I use wazp3d for blender, no idea if FE helped with its speed, guess a game player would need to check.

Ken
X1000 - Antec Solo case, 4GB DDR2 mem, XFX R9 270 gfx card, Plextor DVD, 2 Samsung 1TB F3 HDD, RTL-8139 network card, Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
ddni

Post by ddni »

"I replaced a great 4.1.6 install with this..."
After spending months of fun with gfx crashes, comments like that are hard to take...
It was not my intention to offend anyone with that comment. However it appears I did. For that I apologise.

As said previously, since removing the 9250 and the associated glitch with dual card setups, FE is a massive improvement over update6.
In the absence of Warp3D support for RadeonHD cards, I very much look forward to seeing the glitch resolved so that I can reinstate my 9250.