PayPal issue

A forum for general AmigaOS 4.x support questions that are not platform-specific
AmigaNG

PayPal issue

Post by AmigaNG »

I have a very weird issue on my AmigaONE x1000, Paypal just wont work, I keep getting this
http://s19.photobucket.com/user/amigang ... 5.jpg.html Error 52 no headder etc.
Not just on Odyssey but on Netsurf as well, even visiting the site outside of Amistore on my Amiga browser it has the same type of error, Paypal site is up and working on my PC, this is the only site it seem to happen with, Im fine with login in on amazon, twitter, facebook, and many other services on my Amiga, so anyone know what the issue with Paypal may be? thanks.
2012 - the year I got a new Amiga and the world ended.....a good year.
xenic

Re: PayPal issue

Post by xenic »

@AmigaNG
The image you linked to is almost unreadable so maybe you should list the entire error in the text of your post. I was able to see the word "mobile" in the URL. Some sites recognize the "Odyssey" or "Default" spoof settings as a mobile device setting and you get the wrong page. I can only suggest changing your "spoof as" browser settings. If that's not the problem then maybe someone else can help.

EDIT: I was able to log in to PayPal several days ago to add a credit card. I used an X1000 & Odyssey.
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I have exactly the same issue with paypal, even when I tried to buy something thru AMIStore. Even spoofing doesn't work at all, at least for me. I cannot login to paypal anymore even after cleared all history, caches, cookies etc.
To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
AmigaNG

Post by AmigaNG »

Just thought I'd let you know, just tried it this morning without chnaging anything, and it all seems to be working now. No idea what the issue what but gald its working now.
2012 - the year I got a new Amiga and the world ended.....a good year.
xenic

Post by xenic »

Phantom wrote:I have exactly the same issue with paypal, even when I tried to buy something thru AMIStore. Even spoofing doesn't work at all, at least for me. I cannot login to paypal anymore even after cleared all history, caches, cookies etc.
A long while back PayPal sent out email notifications that there were changes to the account agreement and that if you didn't update your account, the account would be dropped. Does your PayPal account work from a Windows PC?
AmigaOne X1000 with 2GB memory - OS4.1 FE
Hans
AmigaOS Core Developer
AmigaOS Core Developer

Post by Hans »

AmigaNG wrote:Just thought I'd let you know, just tried it this morning without chnaging anything, and it all seems to be working now. No idea what the issue what but gald its working now.
It may well have been a problem at their end.

A few years ago, there was some weird problem whereby I couldn't access linkedin from home. IIRC, I could log in, but then it stopped working. At the time I read comments online about linkedin problems with certain ISPs, or routers with particular MTUs, and other weird stuff like that. Anyway, several months later they changed something, and started working properly.

Hans
http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more. Home of the RadeonHD driver for Amiga OS 4.x project.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

xenic wrote:
Phantom wrote:I have exactly the same issue with paypal, even when I tried to buy something thru AMIStore. Even spoofing doesn't work at all, at least for me. I cannot login to paypal anymore even after cleared all history, caches, cookies etc.
A long while back PayPal sent out email notifications that there were changes to the account agreement and that if you didn't update your account, the account would be dropped. Does your PayPal account work from a Windows PC?
Although I don't have a windoze system, my paypal account works under MacOSX or Linux at least. Yesterday I used a proxy server to login and it worked, but if I disable it, then it doesn't.
To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures